Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks like you had a wonderful trip to Copenhagen, pakarang
    Beautiful pictures you have taken. Great atmosphere
    I reckon that it was good to be away to relax for a little while from the last events

Captain RJ: Very nice pictures from you too

Comment

Lovely to see your photos, Captain RJ.
      I had a little smile to myself seeing the ones of St Alban’s church. I was thinking that it would have made such a good puzzle photo for the What place is this thread, with its English style architecture, and use of flint stone (common in East Anglia in England but not in Denmark, although these are actually Danish flints!).

Comment

I see that in the compilation of photos with which I started this thread I featured a restaurant at Gammel Strand which in summer has a quieter courtyard for outside dining than the restaurants along Nyhavn.
        But at other times of year and especially in winter I love the cosy interior of Havfruen. It brought back a lot of memories from over the years for me when pakarang mentioned he’d been there. Actually I can’t be sure how long ago it has been since I was first taken there, but it seems like decades. Perhaps I should look out some boxes of really old photos…. But more conveniently to hand are these from 2009 and 2003.

Comment

Should have some photos of fish somewhere, but here are some deserts

Comment

Pakarang: I lingered so long looking at your earlier images that I missed making appropriate comments in sequence before you returned to work, but I hope you find the above posts of the restaurant (“bonus piccies” from me!!!!) and this "thank you" eventually.
            I think Copenhagen is truly the nicest of cities to visit at this time of year, and as well as the ever-delightful magic of Tivoli, you really captured the atmosphere of the shopping streets at Christmastime.

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
            I certainly hope and pray that I'm able to convey even a tiny bit of how special it was to visit the Royal Palace....
            You most certainly did, and I am, well, completely overwhelmed and lost for words really. As you say, so much history. I’ve kept being drawn back to look at your images in every spare moment these last few days.

I have still so much to see in Copenhagen– as I already mentioned before, so much of my time there has been work related in various ways, sometimes (especially before the bridge) merely a stop-over on the way to Sweden. The last more leisurely visit was summertime, in good weather, and as well as hanging out around the cruise terminal I was keen to take boat trips to those amazing forts on the artificial islands in the Øresund. (Goodness, paks, to think of you so recently sailing past those islands on Korsfjord!).

Oh and pakarang, I couldn’t help a huge grin of a smile when I saw that amid all those rooms in the palace so packed full of so many objects, you had somehow managed to find something from Thailand there in the jewellery collection!

Now whether it was because I’d seen that first I don’t know, but the favourite room of yours somehow made me think of Thailand. The rich colours, the gold wall panels, the decoration of the wooden chairs, maybe…

Comment

OH MY GOODNESS.... when I have way more time: I will have to return to this thread to really savor these absolutely fantastic images!

I really miss summer now, and it is also easy to see that Copenhagen has much more to offer and see in the future!

Thank you all: I shall return to this thread when I have a bit more time!
              With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
              Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Captain RJ, just been studying your further photos of the river and church at #195. I can't quite make out that wall next to the bridge in #195.1 and 4. - is it brick or a sort of reeded concrete or what? And why painted black? It spoils the look of the bridge, doesn't it? But the view along the river to the church is beautiful, so serene and with the water still as a mirror. Thank you.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Hi Wherrygirl,
                  Im sure that is brick, and why it was painted black is beyond me. Im glad you like the serene look. And you are most welcome.

Comment

Europe's largest hotel opens soon in Copenhagen: Bella Sky Comwell hotel:

http://www.vg.no/reise/artikkel.php?artid=10013885

Image linked from article: credits Bella Center.

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

hmmm..might get a look at it...this summer, we're staying in Copenhagen one day after getting off the ship....then going to Prague for 4 days, then coming back to Copenhagen for one night before heading back over the pond.
                      (why, you ask? Because we can leave the majority of our luggage at the hotel in Copenhagen and travel light to Prague.......hey, who am I to question.......I'm not paying for it...lol)

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                        hmmm..might get a look at it...this summer, we're staying in Copenhagen one day after getting off the ship....then going to Prague for 4 days, then coming back to Copenhagen for one night before heading back over the pond.
                        (why, you ask? Because we can leave the majority of our luggage at the hotel in Copenhagen and travel light to Prague.......hey, who am I to question.......I'm not paying for it...lol)
                        Interesting.. you should PM me the details... would be awesome showing up on your hotel's front door.... "SURPRISSSSEEEE"

Comment

THAT. WOULD. BE. AMAZING.

Actually, then you could kidnap me back to Trondheim quite easily............................................ ..........

Comment

Originally posted by ehp View Post
                            THAT. WOULD. BE. AMAZING.

Actually, then you could kidnap me back to Trondheim quite easily............................................ ..........
                            NOT. TO. GO. TOO. MUCH. OT. .... but is that a dare?

Comment

YES

now I have to come up with something to fill the 20 character rule

Comment

...hey! Which is the date of you stay in Prague???? Maybe i have some business in Czech Republic going on and we can arrange something???

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                                X