No announcement yet.

Greek Islands - A cruise on MS Ocean Majesty 2019

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early in the next morning we arrived at Dubrovnik.
    I had a terrible bad back (rheumatic spin problems) and could just hardly make some very less steps this day.
    So i had to stay aboard and the ladies went to town alone.
    Enjoy Regine pictures, you see anyway most of her pictures during this report. The camera in her 7 is a lot better than those in my 5S. You can clearly see that in direct comparison.

The market was waiting for customers. At this time of the day the locals are still the majority.

IMG_3938 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Dubrovnik is full of small and narrow alleys. I have chosen the nicest ones.

IMG_3960 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Not all of them are empty and abandoned.

IMG_3965 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

IMG_3904 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

When you meet the harbour, you have crossed the old town.

IMG_3905 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

In remote corner, a sign was leading through a small door through the town wall offering refreshments. So they enjoyed an incredible expensive drink (thanks to Kuna all Euro prices are ridiculous), but had a nice view. The roundwalk on the town wall costs meanwhile 200 Kuna (about 28 Euro). They take only Kuna or credit cards at the cassa. So they ladies said friendly: thank you.

IMG_3984 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

Dubrovnik is overcrowded. You can see that clearly here: The street at 8.30 a.m.

IMG_3890 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

And the same place at 10 a.m.

IMG_4013 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

And do we really need this? Must the Chinese people fly over from China to buy at the Mediterranean Sea Chinese christmas junk?

IMG_4011 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

And there are still more to come: The town gate from the cruise harbour side.

IMG_4017 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

So they came back earlier than they thought. And isn't this an inviting place for a late morning coffee or an apéro?

IMG_4018 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

At noon we left this beautiful place and were happy. The early morning is the only time of the day, when you can enjoy. The Captain looks quite satisfied. Only the passage back to Venice is left. Tommorrow this cruise will be over and there were no problems at all with the ship and the schedule.

IMG_4040 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

In the afternoon we had the bridge excursion, which i showed before. Then there was tea-time, coc-ktail hour, farewell dinner and music. And we enjoyed another terriffic sunset.

IMG_4088 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

The suitcases had also to be packed and were collected during the night at deck 3.

IMG_4142 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

So we say thank you for following our cruise report and have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

IMG_4144-1 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

I will be back a while later with a Venice special, because we stayed there for another two days. Stay tuned!

Comment

Looking forward to the Venice special Ralf. Thanks for the voyage to the Med, it's a lot easier (and cheaper) when you do the travelling for us! This has been a fun trip.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

so pity that your back cost you a day out a shore.
                but this was a magical trip ,
                but strange though that they sheduled the big eye catcher late on the day that the end was in the dark of sailing out of the canal
                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                X