• kiki42
    started a topic this is Jersey, channel islands 2010

this is Jersey, channel islands 2010

St Aubins Bay, five minutes from my home

• Sarnia
    replied
    Re: this is Jersey, channel islands 2010

Originally posted by kiki42 View Post
    I also think there is a link from cherbourg, but not sure if it is just summer months for that.
    Not from Cherbourg, but there is a line from Granville (near the Mont Saint Michel, Normandy side) which runs (in theory) all year round but more often in summer.
    In the summer there is also a line from somewhere on the western Cotentin coast (Dielette or Carteret?). Check "Manche Iles Express".
    I think the ferry from Saint Malo is the most reliable. But if you leave from Granville we can have coffee while you wait for the ferry!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Thanks for the info - let's keep each other posted

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Originally posted by PanjiS View Post
    It seems a nice place - thanks for photo sharing. I have to figure out what would be the easiest way to come from Paris Another destination to put on my list!
    hi Valerie, There are flights from Paris to Jersey, and the high speed Condor Ferry goes from St Malo every day. I also think there is a link from cherbourg, but not sure if it is just summer months for that. So you never know , and one day I may try and visit Paris. Last visit was at 14 yrs old...lol

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It seems a nice place - thanks for photo sharing. I have to figure out what would be the easiest way to come from Paris Another destination to put on my list!

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    Looks like you had better weather on Jersey than we did up here Kiki. It rained most of Monday and Tuesday at least here in the We(s)t Country.
    Yes this was about 7.00 pm a beautiful evening, we had to wait till 10.20pm for the beacon to be lit, then the fireworks display and the 21 gun salute. A great night

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied

Looks like you had better weather on Jersey than we did up here Kiki. It rained most of Monday and Tuesday at least here in the We(s)t Country.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Jersey 2012 Jubilee Celebrations at St Helier,

Managed to get piper on the big screen, showing Concert at Fort Regent.

Last edited by kiki42; June 6th, 2012, 22:43.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Visiting the Craft Fair at St Aubins, Jersey. The Parish Hall celebrating the Queens Jubilee with show of flags.

The Restaurants also have a show of flags, infact the whole Island is celebrating the Jubilee, including my home.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Liberation Celebrations Jersey May 2012

The raising of the flag on the Pomme D'or Hotel balcony, marking the freedom of the Island every year.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied
    Re: this is Jersey, channel islands 2012

For days now the diggers are working on the beach to replace the sand after the storm. It was a perfect day for them warm and sunny.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied
    Re: this is Jersey, channel islands 2012

Strong winds blew sand over the Gunsight Cafe and blocked the cycle path and walkway to St Aubins. TV cameras from BBC and CHANNEL TV were there early this morning . The sand had reached halfway up the wall. When I arrived to take photos the men had been clearing it away for a few hours. The cafe will be closed for a few days to clear the inside of sand.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
    Fantastic photos Kiki, and i love the work that's been put into those floats. They obviously take immense pride in their work. Good to see 'Nemo' amongst them all!
    yes they start right away on next year getting the designs ready and building the structures, and raising money, the big floats cost about 20.000 to put together. Some flowers came from Holland, some are local, but with thousands needed the cost is high.

Leave a comment:

• kiki42
    replied

Originally posted by Seagull View Post
    SPECIALLY like the “His Masters Voice” dog, the Thai temple, the Sydney Opera House, childrens Peace Bus and Alice in Wonderland!
    That’s just the floats that appealed to me… I think ALL the photos are great Kiki!
    There were so many more floats, just picked out a few to put on, hope it makes members smile looking at them .. to brighten their day !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Steve.B
    replied

Fantastic photos Kiki, and i love the work that's been put into those floats. They obviously take immense pride in their work. Good to see 'Nemo' amongst them all!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X