this is Jersey, channel islands 2010

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: this is Jersey, channel islands 2011

AN AFTERNOON TRIP TO ST BRELADES BAY (top tourist spot )

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

ST BRELADES CHURCH FIRST RECTOR IN 1200 ?

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

THERE WAS A WEDDING WHEN I ARRIVED ( just had to include the Pride of Scotland Kilt and the RR car )

this tree in the grounds is 400 years old

Comment

THE FISHERMANS CHAPEL NEXT TO THE CHURCH ( dates fro the 6th century )

Comment

SKYDIVING AT ST AUBINS BAY

TWO PEOPLE ON THIS ONE ( tandem jumps for charity )

Comment

MY VISIT TO GOREY AND THE LOVELY MONT ORGUEIL CASTLE

St Brelades Bay and Gorey are only 20 /30 mins by bus from St Helier

Comment

Re: this is Jersey, channel islands 2010

Christine,
                Wow!!! I can see why you're so proud!!! It's absolutely beautiful! The history alone would keep me spellbound. I can see the pride taken by the residents too, everything looks picture perfect.
                You posted some photos of fly overs, I bet it's more magnificent from the air.
                You're very lucky!!
                Bill H.

Comment

The channel islands are definitively a place i must visit one day. So nice and what a great indoor market. I love these places, especially the smell in there!
                  Thank you for posting, Kiki!!
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Its a big day here in Jersey on thursday 11th August it is BATTLE OF FLOWERS DAY . I have my front grandstand seat opposite the VIP stand so i should be able to get some good photos of the floats. The singer Gareth Gates is Mr Battle this year and is on the float with this years Miss Battle. Radio and TV stations will all be there, and the thousands of people who travel from many places to see the parade. Looking forward to a great day.

Comment

I can't wait to see your pictures.

Comment

I hope you have good weather and take lots of nice photos…we need some happy cheery news for a change here in the UK just now….

Comment

Jersey Battle of flowers 11th August 2011

after such a perfect day on the Wednesday, Thursday was cloudy and light rain at one point, but it didn't dampen the spirits of the crowd. most of the Parishes take part and they also have floats designed and made by the children of the Parishes. It takes all year to put it all together with the fresh flowers only added on the last few days working into the early hours of the morning. The floats are so big they leave in the early hours of the morning from their Parish to travel to the Esplanade where it all takes place. Judges see all the floats perform and check the flowers, colours have to be correct and all in line with the design. Every flower is placed by hand, i did it one year and it is amazing how much goes into each float and even the amount of glue on each flower has to be right so not to damage the flowers. It is a great community event.

Comment

Re: Jersey Battle of flowers 11th August 2011

It all starts here on the espanade with a view of ELIZABETH CASTLE the tide is out so you can walk to the Castle, boats take you out when the tide is in

this Gareth Gates as Mr Battle and Miss Battle 2011

Comment

it was quite a blustery day, when you are high up on the floats.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X