Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come visit Dundee, Scotland.

Disc

Last edited by pakarang; October 3rd, 2010, 12:17. Reason: I combined these two posts from the same city: love to see mroe from Dundee

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Captain Cook's ship Discovery at Dundee. Scotland

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

penguins in Dundee Scotland

Comment

Lovely photo, Christine. Now what is the significance of the penguins for Dundee???
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Is the DISCOVERY in permanent dry dock (static) or is this image just of her during a survey?

And more importantly, is this the actual ship or a recreation of the original?
          With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
          Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I know of at least one members wife who really enjoys seeing penguins.

What is the story about these cute birds in Dundee?

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I combined these two threads from Dundee into one.... I thought it might give us a better introduction to Dundee that way.

And me for one: I want to see much more from Dundee.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                Is the DISCOVERY in permanent dry dock (static) or is this image just of her during a survey?

And more importantly, is this the actual ship or a recreation of the original?
                This is the real thing- permanantly docked afloat beside the 'Discovery visitor centre' in Dundee. Based on the design of a Dundee whaling ship, she was built for scientific research.

A great deal of money and effort has been spent on restoration/maintenance of her http://www.rrsdiscovery.com/index.php?pageID=54

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
                  I know of at least one members wife who really enjoys seeing penguins.

What is the story about these cute birds in Dundee?
                  Yes, I'd never noticed these penguins I'd love to hear the story.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaelsail View Post
                    This is the real thing- permanantly docked afloat beside the 'Discovery visitor centre' in Dundee. Based on the design of a Dundee whaling ship, she was built for scientific research.

A great deal of money and effort has been spent on restoration/maintenance of her http://www.rrsdiscovery.com/index.php?pageID=54
                    Excellent... one day, I will visit Dundee and then, I will use this thread to plan my visit!

Comment

hi, i actually spent an hour walking all over dundee to get as many photos as possible, so didn't get all the stories behind them, as i moved on to glasgow the next day. I am just getting used to transfering from photobucket, and have just noticed two came up of the Discovery. will now try and put more on of dundee. I will need to ask my sister about the Maid of the Loch paddle steamer, as again that was a flying visit. christine x

Comment

Comment

desperate dan from cartoon comic

haven't been able to reduce size yet . This is in dundee high street. Desparate dan and friends were characters in a comic , created and published in Dundee.

Comment

burns monument at dundee art gallery and museum

here i go again fingers crossed but still too big i think

Comment

art gallery and museum buiding dundee

Comment

Working...
                              X