• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open-air theatre? Stamford?
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Open-air theatre is right. But i have never been in Stamford. Wrong country.
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Oh dear, oh dear...... Switzerland? Is there water just in front of the stage?
        Ivy

Comment

Nice guess!! I bet, you are looking at the Lake Konstanz. But Bregenz is in Austria!

No water in front of the stage. The stage is natural and more than 35 meters high! It might help to look over my recent threads, to find out where all i have been during the year...

Comment

Bregenz was the first place I found, but just could not make it into your photo! Getting desperate, I was roaming round Germany, Austria and had started on Switzerland.
            But now, after your hint, surely this is something to do with, or near to the Felsenlabyrinth Luisenburg? I was puzzled by the rocks in your photo, but these labyrinth ones are so similar.

And you took your photo at the Luisenburg Festspiele last summer.
            Last edited by wherrygirl; December 23rd, 2010, 18:09.
            Ivy

Comment

Bravo! Yes i have been there in Autumn, but the photo is out of the promotion site of the festival (sorry - no author mentioned). It is a wonderful scenery and we decided to visit a stage performance one day.

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted a new pic. yet. Nothing to do with it being Christmas, but been busy. You'll all have been stuffing yourself silly and wouldn't have looked, anyway. Have got to go out and see if I can defrost the car now, probably need a hammer and chisel to get it off the windscreen on the inside. I hate that job, luckily it happens rarely, only when I've not used the car much and condensation doesn't have a chance to clear.
                Will post soon.
                Ivy

Comment

Exactly what and where is this?

Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    Exactly what and where is this?

I take a bet that it is a British Throne chair somewhere, but the question is where.
                    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

i rather think it's the trone chair in Holland, s'Gravenhage or the hague.
                      while the flag of Noord Brabant is hanging there.

but it can also be the province house of Noord Brabant,i can't remember that in the hague had windows besides the chair.

so i go for option 2
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

Do you???? ...............
                        Ivy

Comment

yes,in the hague the trone stands in the middle of the knighthall

dam it is in the hageu

http://www.cedargallery.nl/nlarchitectuur_steden.htm
                          Last edited by janihudi; December 27th, 2010, 15:45.
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Yep. Den Haag.
                            Which is the province town of Noord Brabant, Thijs? Is it den Bosch? That flag puzzled me, why would it be there in the Ridderzaal? I had to Google it before I posted the photo as I didn't know what it represented.

PS. Just thought of what is the obvious answer to my own question - probably all the flags were there but only this one got into the picture! I took it in a hurry, because I was on a guided tour and we had just gone into the next room when I suddenly decided to go back and take a photo of the throne. The guide saw that I had disappeared and really hurried back to find me - he looked quite fierce and I thought he was going to confiscate my camera. So I didn't dare take any more pics. of the room.
                            Anyway, over to you.
                            Last edited by wherrygirl; December 27th, 2010, 16:31.
                            Ivy

Comment

s'Gravenhage or Den Haag or The Hague aint the province town of Noord Brabant, that is what you said s'Hertogenbosch or Den Bosch.
                              the red/white checkered flag
                              is the province flag of Noord brabant,like Noord Brabant has every of the 13 provinces have there flag in the Ridderzaal.
                              or has there flag there,i had googeld too,but nowadays there is a tapestry for every province.
                              but the checkered flag put my thoughts to Noord Brabant, and looking further i saw the lions in the trone,he this could be holland.

in the Ridderzaal is where oure Queen reads the Queens speech,what is a kind of state of the union, i think.

further only in use as party/dinner room for the goverment and other roalty meetings,but you wil know that better Ivy,you have been nthere i dont

btw The Hageu is the capitol town of the province Zuid-Holland and where the goverment sits,not in Amsterdam the capitol of The Netherlands.

a new one,as you see flying with google earth (i like to do that)i ran into this,so another google earth image.

the qiustions are what is that white ''thingy'' left down angle and what is the white spot in the sea,and where is this.
                              so 3 quistions and i really what to know what they are,because i really dont know

the white dot aint a cloud,its really something,you wil see when you found it
                              Last edited by janihudi; December 27th, 2010, 17:45.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                                further only in use as party/dinner room for the goverment and other roalty meetings,but you wil know that better Ivy,you have been nthere i dont.
                                No I don't know either.

the qiustions are what is that white ''thingy'' left down angle and what is the white spot in the sea,and where is this.
                                so 3 quistions and i really what to know what they are,because i really dont know
                                the white dot aint a cloud,its really something,you wil see when you found it
                                Oh, you so-and-so!

OK, thinking caps on.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X