No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Thijs. Wrong country I'm afraid!
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Morning Mark. Norway?

Comment

Hello Yves! Yes, Norway.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Is it a shop or a museum in Oslo?

Comment

Not a shop or a museum, and not Oslo! We are however in part of Norway with a strong musical tradition particularly in recent decades.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Bergen has a great musical tradition, and since the 90's lots of Metal groups seem to be very active here. Not my favourite kind of "music" though.

Comment

Neither Grieg nor heavy metal! The genre that may or may not take you in the right direction is actually pretty unique to Norway, although its influences are very diverse.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Hardingfele seams fairly unique to Norway. Could this have something to do with that?
                  Although I think something further north is probably lurking in your brain(??)

Comment

Morning Ombugge! Very little lurks in my brain. I just have two ears and a lot of nothing between them.

We're on the western side of the country, not far from the Atlantic Coast. The Hurtigruten route is about the same distance one side of us as the E6 is on the other side.

That should narrow it down to about 1000 miles!
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                      Morning Ombugge! Very little lurks in my brain. I just have two ears and a lot of nothing between them.
                      But what a glorious opportunity awaits you, to fill that "nothing" with all sorts of wondrous things, instead of the miscellany of pretty useless stuff that the rest of us harbour under the appellation "knowledge".

PS. Like having to find out where the E6 runs, I suppose.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Hi Ivy. Beautifully put. But perhaps a little optimistic. Nature abhors a vacuum you know.
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Hi Mark. I tried to exercise my own "Nothing between my ears" and looked for Norwegian musical genre on the Net. I found Nu Disco or Space Disco, a kind of music developped in Tromsoe. Is it the place we are looking for?

Comment

Not that far north Yves. And rather more accessible music.

This may be a clue too far, but the 'installation' is actually in a hotel.
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Everything is easy when you know it: Rock City, Namsos
                              "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

Choir music?

Comment

Working...
                                X