No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice we have reach 6000 posts in this thread. Any better??
    Since this is also not solvable (or not interesting?) I'll try something a little different, Not which place, but what is this??:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=wJMHsi0HBUo

FYI: Filmed in a fjord in Sunnmøre.

Answer to follow, if not solved.

Comment

Amazing and quite unusual. This is eggs of squids protected by a gelatinous envelope.
      https://www.cnews.fr/animaux/2015-07...turquie-708355

Comment

• ombugge
        ombugge commented
        Editing a comment
        That is correct. Now maybe you can try to come up with a new solvable puzzle??

OK. So, a new one to solve.

Comment

I am quite sure that these are the wooden churches of Kischi Pogost in Onega Lake, Karelia, Russia. You will pass them, if you are joining a Volga River cruise from St.Petersbug to Moscow.
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Absolutely Ralf. It is what I did in June. This part of the trip is really enjoyable.
          Next to you.

Comment

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you mean that the rest of the trip was not so enjoyable for you, Yves?

• yvneac
            yvneac commented
            Editing a comment
            Ho yes it was Ivy. But Ladoga and Onega lakes are particularly nice.

A ferry port in Greece. But which one??

IMG_1893 - Kopie by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

Looks like this ferry, but not sure if Pounta on Paros is the right port: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tZBZC82lAo

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              Well done Ombugge, its antiparos

Yes, Antiparos is correct, Pounta is the port on the other side. I checked "Agia Marina" on Google and had no result. But you found that nice video. The ferry crossing is only 1.000m long. Antiparos is a nice small island, where a lot of VIP's have their holiday homes, among them Tom Hanks.
            So in a very correct way Janihudi solved it, but Ombugge was not far (1.000m) and did the main work. So please continue one of you and take the decision among you both.

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              It,s Ombugge which has it.
              I just looked where is was, but the pier was different. Followed the route of the ferry and found the matching pier on GE.

• ombugge
              ombugge commented
              Editing a comment
              I also noticed that the pier and background on the video was different from that on Ralf's picture, hence my remark; but not sure if Pounta on Paros is the right port.
              So I did NOT find the port, only the ferry that happened to run there. Over to you Janihudi!!!

okay then, then i take it

what and where is this building.

best regards Thijs

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              Aargghhhh. Oke i play along.LOL
              The type i also solved now, what left is the model.
              But to make ot more diffecult.
              A, what is the axle configuration.
              B, how much horsepower.
              C, what is special about that engine.

So that will keep them busy. LOL LOL
              To make it some what easier, licence plate is 50-blv-5

Revanche is sweet.

• wherrygirl
              wherrygirl commented
              Editing a comment
              Suggestions: axle configurations for the tractor models range from 4x2 to 8x4 but I don't know what certain Initials mean so you'll have to accept that. Horsepower from 300 kW/410 to 375 kW/510. What's special about the engine? Just about everything! What about the new power ratings which result in more torque at lower rpm?
              And these stupendous results are all you're going to get, matey.

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              The numbers of the axle configurations 4x2 is simple. First number are the the amount of wheels.
              Minimum is always 4. Less issn't posseble, a truck have always minmum 2 axles. The number after the x mark , here 2 is the number of wheels that have drive.
              The HC is a 6x2 , 6 wheels , 2 with drive.
              Your Seat is also a 4x2, if you had all wheel drive on it ,than you had a 4x4.
              Here in Holland we have trucks as10x8.
              Tipper trucks, 10 wheels and a drive at 8 of them.
              Max tonnage is almost 50 tons.
              When devit those amounts into two's,
              You have it in axles.
              In wheels 10x8, 10 wheels 8 drive
              In axles 5x4, 5 axles 4 drive
              But in talk, we always talks about it in wheels

Horsepower is now 530
              90% less of co2

Well, first the DAF puzzle. It is a XF-480-FT, has a 6-cyl. 12.902 ccm engine with 355KW (483hp). It has two axles, the rear one with twin wheels.
            Special with the engine: it fulfills Euro-6 standards and is a US - Paccar construction with common-rail-injection, variable turbo, exhaust gas recirculation and aftertreatment, DeNOx catalyser and particle filter.

Second the place: The church is that one in Italy, which is very close to the road.

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL LOL
              still no answer about the cab model.
              A point that hurts a daf guy.
              IT ISSN'T A PACCAR ENGINE.
              it,s a DAF engine. Those damn Americans called it a paccar engine.
              Americans only build vehicles, a kit.
              A buyer can order his own truck.
              I want that chassis ,that cab, those axles, that gearbox, and that engine.
              Now paccar can deliver there "own" engine .
              Since they bought DAF.
              Paccar had build a complete new factory for building those engines for the Amercan market.
              Besides paccar is the only other manufactory which build there own engine, volvo.
              Under the paccar holding is Peterbilt, Kenworth, DAF ,Leyland and Foden.
              Under volvo is renault trucks in europe, and Mack in usa. Volvo got mack when it bought Renault, which owned Mack.
              Also under volvo is White.
              And some
              What the heck, this is the thread ;what place is this.
              Not what about trucks.

Uehhh yes Ralf, it's a church, kind of , in Italy near a road. LOL

I go for the Super Space Cab. The engine is called a Paccar engine in several sources. That is the "official" version. But we learn more every day.

Comment

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              Paccar was mainly interested in the engine when it bought daf. Paccar sold or stoped all parts of daf what not interesting enough, daf bus, daf special parts , there all wheel drive trucks and daf diesel, there inland vessel engines
              Thatswhy you don't see DAF rally trucks anymore in the dakar rally, rally trucks have to be build from original vehecles.
              They build trucks with engines from Detroit diesel, catterpillar, cummins and maybe more. Now they have there own engine, but no one knows daf overthere.

• janihudi
              janihudi commented
              Editing a comment
              And yes, the Super Space Cab.
              The biggest cab of daf, but also the biggest cab (standard) from Europe

The truck is owned by Daf and a test truck for journalists.

The place is not easy to find without buying the actual magazine Truckstar and reading the report: "Truckstar Rijdt ‘m Zelf: Een stevige rit naar Italië", which is only possible in the Netherlands.
            They crossed the whole North of Italy from Milan to Venice. Unfortunately it is not possible to get more details online. Personally i would vote for a place around Verona or Vicenca. There the churches look similar.

So i know where to find the picture, but not yet, where the picture was taken.

Comment

I had another idea and found the complete report on the website of the Farmtrans company. And there they mention the location of this church: It is Crocetta del Montello!

https://www.giannidesti.com/images/c...crocetta04.jpg

http://trevisobazar.com/wp-content/u...-montello-.jpg

Comment

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                yes ,you found it.
                i made it to easy LOL

• Ralf__
                Ralf__ commented
                Editing a comment
                That was not easy...that was a good idea! The key was 50-BLV-5. I did not expect that it was necessary to concentrate so long on this truck to find the solution. Will come back later with a new one.

• janihudi
                janihudi commented
                Editing a comment
                I thought the licence plate could make it some easier for finding truck info, not that you could solve the puzzle with it. LOL

We haven't been on rails for a while, so where could this be?

_DSC6320 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

I will give you the first clue right now:

_DSC6419 by Ralf Plinta, auf Flickr

Comment

to start somewhere,
                Wendelstein bavaria
                best regards Thijs

Comment

• Ralf__
                  Ralf__ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No, not Bavaria. In an area with no high mountains, although this railroad crosses several bridges and tunnels.
              Working...
              X