What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody wants to help out here?? OK I'll throw in this one then:

Where in the wide world to you find this street scene??

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
      Nobody wants to help out here??
      No, we were all homing in on you with our thought waves insisting "You know it's your turn, Ombugge. Go on."

But I wish I hadn't now.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Is this in Singapore?
        Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          Not Singapore.

Not Singapore but maybe it is in Asia?

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          No, not in Asia either.

I notice we can see stones on corrugated roofs.I wonder if this photo was taken in a windy country maybe often visited by hurricanes.So as a try :somewhere in the Caraibs?

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          Not in the Caribbean. Too close to Equator to be within the path of Tropical Revolving Storms (Cyclones, Hurricanes, Typhoons), but strong thunder storms are frequent.

So that might take me to the northern part of South America???
        Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          No, not in any part of South America

I am not sure but in the background people here seems to be black men.I remember you worked in Gabon then perhaps it's one of your own photos from this country.

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          I did work in Gabon and the rest of West Africa at times back in the 1980s, but this picture is not from there.
          But you are right, it is one of my own pictures.

The skin colour of the few people seen in the picture is indeed black, which may not mean much these days. It could be the case in many places in the UK or France as well, but in this case the majority has black skin and curly hair.

OK.If you confirm we are nowhere in Africa,I could suggest New Guinea.

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          Good suggestion

Well, New Guinea is a big island.Are we in the Indonesian side or in the independant one?
        Is the blue building in the foreground a clue to solve this puzzle?

Comment

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          The blue building is there to confuse you in exactly the question of whether on the Indonesian or PNG side of the island.
          I have been at both sides in the last few years, so my travels does not represent a clue.

• yvneac
          yvneac commented
          Editing a comment
          As you are a tease Ombugge, maybe we are just at the border between the to parts of the island.......

• ombugge
          ombugge commented
          Editing a comment
          No, the boarder between Indonesian Papua and Papua New Guinea is wild and undeveloped with no roads and few people. The people living there doesn't know of any boarder, nor care about whether they are on one side or another.We are firmly on one side, however.

Only on the north coast is there some sort of development at the boarder, with a dirt track from Vanimo to Jayapura. That is also the only stretch of the coast I have never traveled.

Yves and Ombugge, just a little plea:
        Could you not use the Comment facility in this thread, please? On the main index page they don't show up, at the moment only Yves' post at #3999 shows. Yes, the Latest Activity panel at the right does show Comments, but it only needs a few posts from other members, particularly if they are putting on a string of pics., for posts to drop off the bottom. You can then click View All and scroll down to see if there are any Comments for this thread - but what a long-winded procedure, having to bear in mind the date of the last known Reply so that you don't scroll down and down for ever. (One each )
        Steve asked for this quite a while ago, and it would be so helpful if you'd stick to full replies here. Many thanks.
        Note: my post will now, of course, show as the latest for this thread.
        Ivy

Comment

So it will be done Ivy.
          By the way ,no idea to solve this puzzle?

Comment

Well Yves, I started off in my usual way, i.e. "Where on earth do I start with this one?". Getting no reply I remained as blank as ever. Suddenly you started narrowing it down, arriving at New Guinea. And here I confess my geographical ignorance (one of many) of the exact divide between Asia and Australasia in that part of the world. That led to my being led astray by Ombugge's statement that it was not in Asia. So I rushed off to S.A.
            I'm ashamed of myself.
            Now, however, I'm being so angelic. It seemed you were almost there, so I abandoned the chase as you'd done all the thinking for us. But OK, I'll join you. But must pop up the road now to return the library key and explain about the alarm going off last evening and ask why the police didn't immediately turn up as they should have done! Oh, life is fun (I think).
            Ivy

Comment

Yes life is GREAT fun....as long as you stay far away from the tax collector!

Comment

• wherrygirl
                wherrygirl commented
                Editing a comment
                (And here I will use Comment)
                as long as you stay far away from the tax collector!
                That sounds like an "Ouch" experience, Yves.

• yvneac
                yvneac commented
                Editing a comment
                I am a good citizen Ivy.But sometimes I can't count.

...and there she will use Comment...

I am really lost with this puzzle, because i can't find anything unique in it, that would make it possible to identyfy the place. For me it is just any view out of any window...
              Am i right or what do i not see?
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                ...and there she will use Comment...

Well done Ralf

I am really lost with this puzzle, because i can't find anything unique in it, that would make it possible to identyfy the place. For me it is just any view out of any window...
                Am i right or what do i not see?
                Help!I'm lost in the jungle!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X