• Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, no and no, Ralf.
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Air Seychelles operates fly to Zanzibar.So maybe it's it?

Comment

Not Zanzibar either, Yves. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the airline's route map, it is leading you all astray (as I had hoped. )
        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          Not Zanzibar either, Yves. I wouldn't pay too much attention to the airline's route map, it is leading you all astray (as I had hoped. )
          You mean that the .pdf file i have sitting on my desktop showing their routes is useless? Strangely enough, i guessed that for myself last night after spending an hour or two of getting nowhere fast.
          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Oh, my dear Steve, yes, you can chuck out that file!
            Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              Oh, my dear Steve, yes, you can chuck out that file!
              There is always a positive side to things, at least we know where NOT to look!
              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Yes, it's a good thing to broaden one's horizons, or sail different seas.......
                Ivy

Comment

Kilimanjaro Airport. Kenya. Looking the wrong way??
                  Np snowy peak to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                    Looking the wrong way??
                    Yes, you are, Ombugge.

Being curious to see what that airport looked like I found that it is actually in Tanzania - just, not Kenya. But my reply stands whichever country you choose.
                    But look again at my remark at #3982.
                    Last edited by wherrygirl; October 22nd, 2013, 17:35.
                    Ivy

Comment

I wonder why you all insist on roaming around the Indian Ocean area, despite my gigantic hint at #3982. Up anchor, me hearties. (OK, I'm quite alright, actually.)
                      Ivy

Comment

Time to get serious about this. What do we know??
                        We are not anywhere around the Indian Ocean despite the Air Seychelles plane on the tarmac, which is obviously not on a regular route stop.
                        (The plane being a Boeing 767 they don't need a re-fueling stop on a flight to/from Europe)​ Maybe it is on a Charter trip??

We need to sail a different sea, but which one?
                        The landscape is fairly dry, so we are somewhere in the dry belt, or on the dry side of an island in the tropics.
                        The passengers are dressed in jackets and/or sweaters, so it is not too hot, or they are coming from/going to somewhere cold.
                        They don't look like a bundle of holiday makers on the way to a typical packet holiday place somewhere in the Mediterranean area.

That does not solve this one though.

Comment

or it is a isle,which you only can go by differend sea's
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                            or it is a isle,which you only can go by differend sea's
                            Obviously you can also go there by air.

Following my own logic above, I searched for Air Seychelles charter and here is what popped up:
                            Jump to Charter services - [edit]. UK Ministry of Defence[edit]. Air Seychelles announced in January 2010 that it had begun operations to the Falklands as ...
                            Knowing that the flights to the Falklands usually stopped over at Ascension Island, the rest was peanuts.

Searching Ascension Island the Wikipedia page had you picture on it:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascension_Island

Here is a B 747 landing at the Wideawake Airport at Ascension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H-5idlw6RY

Comment

• PoloUK
                              PoloUK commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Ahh - that explains the friendly, welcoming cannon! Classic Ombugge logic there.

We need to sail a different sea, but which one?
                            At last, exactly what I said at #3982 several days ago. Well done Ombugge. Yes, Thijs, you had started off on the right track by getting off the mainland and moving away from the Indian Ocean, but not quite fast enough.
                            Because of the airport's name I had in reserve a hint referring to the items in the news recently about airline pilots falling asleep at the controls!
                            By the way, I also asked for the name of the mountain on the left.
                            Ivy

Comment

• ombugge
                              ombugge commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I assume that it is the Green Mountain?? Very fitting name, since it appears to have some green vegetation.

I'll have to look for something to post here. (Running out of obscure beaches in S.E.Asia)
                              If anybody want a go at it, you'r welcome.

Yes, Green Mountain it is, Ombugge.
                            I ran out of suitable photos of my own pretty quickly and to find a puzzle pic. now I just stick a pin in the map well away from Europe and S.E. Asia so as to give everyone a level playing field, each hopefully being equally unfamiliar with the place, then I find a good picture on Wiki Commons. There are masses of photos available and amongst them there are always a few suitable for our thread.
                            Ivy

Comment

Working...
                            X