No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, i will throw in one then - but this is unusual, because it is not the question, where it is. I didn't hide the picture information and a certain person will remember immediately.
    But since i am not "in the row", I might be allowed do something different:

Now: WHAT IS IT???

We really have no idea,but maybe someone else has. Ask questions, if you need a nearer description.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

• ombugge
      ombugge commented
      Editing a comment
      Good idea to make this thread broader in scope. Adding "What is it" to the "Where is it" open a lot more opportunities to find pictures that isn't instantly found by a Google image search. (Although I think this one could be found that way)

Oh crumbs, yes, we never did find out, did we?
    It looks like some kind of cutting utensil, but it is difficult to see where the sliced results would emerge from. And what on earth might it be that you would push up the spout? An excellent idea to put this in here, Ralf. i bet someone will have the answer.
    (MInd you, I could always ring them up and ask!)
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Well I'm blowed, have a look at this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Prim...item5d3af8e329
      What do you think?
      Ivy

Comment

Spot on it. That was quick. And it is so British, that you don't find this on the European Mainland.

This is the task (out of a cooking forum):
        "I need to slice large quantities of oranges, lemons, and limes, quite thinly (think 1/8 to 1/16 of an inch) and fairly quickly. I make Seville orange marmalade when the Seville oranges are in season here (which starts about now and runs for 6-8 months a year) and I have picked up a contract to produce very large quantities of said marmalade for a deluxe grocery chain.

In Victorian and Edwardian times, a tool existed for this specific purpose; it generally clamped onto the countertop and hand a handle that controlled a sharp blade as well as a pusher of sorts to hold the citrus against the cutting surface. I think there's an example of one in the Unknown Kitchen Gadgets thread; the brands seem to be "Magic" or "Marvel" and it also appears that such a tool is no longer produced. They usually look like this."

Wikipedia knows: "Orange Marmalade in Britain happened by accident. Supposedly a ship full of oranges broke down in the port of Dundee and the ingenious Scots made marmalade out of them."

Well, Ivy. Your turn again.

Comment

So, what is the name of this airfield, and where is it?

Photograph by Vincent van Zeijst

A bonus if you name the mountain at the left, with the cloud wreathing its summit.
          Last edited by wherrygirl; October 26th, 2013, 11:38.
          Ivy

Comment

Nothing says "welcome" quite as much as a carefully trained cannon does it!!
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Blimey but it's quiet around here. Can't help thinking that the Air Seychelles plane may be a clue?
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Er-rrr-rrr, well, a-hem.... Oh, you were thinking that, were you? Well, it's a bit tricky.
                Ivy

Comment

Well, I don't think this is in the Seychelles. The passengers are wearing jackets and the hills are bare and dry, but not dessert.

Comment

Quite correct, Ombugge.
                    Ivy

Comment

Air Seychelles has not so much regular calls in the world.If it is one of them i'm sure it is not its more important line:Paris.
                      It doesn't look like Mauritius or La Réunion or Johanesburg.Maybe in Emerates?

Comment

No, no, no, no and no, Yves.
                        Ivy

Comment

In Ethiopia????????????

Comment

No, Ombugge.........
                            Ivy

Comment

Primce Said Ibrahim International Airport? Are we on the Comores? Is the mountain called Karthala?

Comment

Working...
                              X