No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh sorry - I didn't answer the second bit did I!

Humble apologies Yves - no, the fountain isn't in Northern France or Belgium.
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Mark.........

Comment

• PoloUK
        PoloUK commented
        Editing a comment
        You're very welcome! And to make up for my error, I'll give you a clue for free. It's not in France at all - not just the northern bit.

Then back to the fishes on this fountaine.Are they a clue to solve the puzzle,representing a town symbol for instance?

Comment

I don't think so Yves. The town is definitely one where running water is quite important though.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

It's gone quiet!

Today's free clue is - it's Europe.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

• wherrygirl
            wherrygirl commented
            Editing a comment
            So you said in #3929. Yes, I noticed!

• PoloUK
            PoloUK commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh goodness - I think I need to be replaced with a newer, younger model that works properly.

When you say Europe do you mean UE?
          In anotfher hand, is this town well-known for its waterfalls?

Comment

Perceptive question Yves! Yes, in the EU. Town well known for waterfalls, hydro-electric power and related wet things.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Triberg valley in Black Forrest, Germany?

Comment

Sorry, not Germany - but logical deduction.

It is a town on a river (I suppose most are), where the waterfalls have been tamed for hydro-electric generation from a long time back.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

My first idea was Ceczh Republic:waterfalls hydro and spa.Must I continue in this area?

Comment

Afraid not Yves.

So what can I tell you? Absolutely that it's an area with waterfalls and hydroelectricity. Also that it's in Europe, but not in France, Belgium, Germany or the Czech Republic. But it's on a river, and that it's fairly industrial despite being in a very attractive area.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Could we be in either Scotland or Wales?

Peering through the fountain, that does look like a typically British looking estate agents window. But there again, i guess they could look just the same Europe wide.
                      Last edited by Steve.B; October 17th, 2013, 02:33. Reason: Adding info.
                      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Haha! ...we are back in Sweden aren't we?
                        Trollhätten - in a square with bus station ...Drottningtorget I think.

Comment

• ombugge
                          ombugge commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In that case the cod-like fishes must be intended to be something else, Salmon maybe??

Spot on Cecilia - Trollhättan it is, and Drottningtorget too.

It was a photo from Mamma & Pappa PoloUK's trip to Sweden last summer - shortly before they decided to sample the delights of the Swedish Health Service!

I'm really struglling to find any more about the fountain - either in English or Swedish, so if anyone does have any more details about the design I'd be interested to hear about it.

Trollhättan of course is on the Göta, on the west side of southern Sweden. The waterfalls were harnassed for hydro use a long time ago, and the locks on the canal are also very notable. From 1948 this has also been home to SAAB too - hence So what can I tell you, Absolutely that ..., Also ... and But ... Sorry, too many crosswords.

Over to you Cecilia!!
                        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I'm not at the right place at the moment to check if I have any "hard copy" info such as leaflets of town walks and that kind of thing which I tend to accumulate! (…and I had to manage without my pre-digital photos of Trollhätten too!). But I’ll let you know if I find more info about the fountain Mark.

Ombugge, I assume the fish are indeed salmon, perhaps depicted as ascending a fish ladder to get beyond a dam.

Comment

Working...
                          X