No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok.So it must be in Sweden.As you said it was a short trip I guess it's in south of Sweden.Or if you didn't go by a ferry then in Denmark???

Comment

Of course we took the ferries. We have been in Denmark also, but this in in Sweden - i am not sure if that is still called South-Sweden, but anyway for sure in the Western part.
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I think I get this one... is it in Kulturen in Lund in Skåne (the name of the county in South-Sweden)? If so the orange house in the foreground is called Herrehuset and the cross timber house is the Berlingska huset. It is a lovely place in my neighbouring city and is a museum full of houses from different periods of time - many of them moved there stone by stone - lol ... I am fairly sure I'm right as I was born and grew up in and around Malmö.
        Tess

We are all time travellers moving at the speed of exactly 60 minutes per hour...

Comment

Oh, this is wonderful and of course the right place. For Ivy it will be good to know, that we (again) visited a museum of the same kind. It is indeed a wonderful place and very interesting as well as the Scane area (Thijs, did you know that this is also the origin of the name "Scania"?). We spent terriffic five days in this area and visited Lund, Helsingborg, Helsingör, Kopenhagen and gardens and castles between Helsingborg and Kullaberg. Since the great bridge is finished it is very lively with perfect train and bus connections and you can travel everywhere with the "Jojo-card". I am very happy to met by chance especially you by showing a well known place.

I would be glad, if you could post the next puzzle. Please ask, if you want to know how to post pictures and how to prepare them for our "pro's" by removing all the background information.

So, Tess, it's your turn.

Comment

• Seagull
            Seagull commented
            Editing a comment
            Marvellous Tess! I had connections with the university in Lund, but it must be 20 years or so since I looked round Kulturen, and I was absolutely nowhere near solving Ralf's puzzle!
            Do you have a Skåne accent I wonder?

• firefox
            firefox commented
            Editing a comment
            Only reason I remembered was that cross timbered house ... at a visit to my family in Malmö a few years back, we also visited Kulturen (hadn't been for about 25 years ... oooups ... showing my age now...).
            I indeed have a Skånsk accent - when Paul lived with me in Sweden and started to learn Swedish - he swore that it was not Swedish when the family got together as he could understand news presenters on TV, but not a word we were saying...

lol Ralf - didn't know that guessing right would make it my turn ... have to look through my photo's and think about this one!
          Tess

We are all time travellers moving at the speed of exactly 60 minutes per hour...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
            It is indeed a wonderful place and very interesting as well as the Scane area (Thijs, did you know that this is also the origin of the name "Scania"?).
            no swearing on such a friendly forum Ralf.it's not nice to say such dirty names on a open forum.
            but yes i know this,and that sh.. sa..scha..i can hardly get it out of my mouth Scania,there i said it,is also a mythologic figure (or as we called it the ''roasted rooster'' ,but ''fried ****'' is a problem here).but if you have asked me ,i couldend told you that in a minute,but as you know,sh...sa...scha..... Scania issn't my favorit brand

best regards Thijs

Comment

Ok ... so I might have found a photo ... but lol - now I'm wondering if one of you "pro's" will give me some advice.
              I assume I can upload it to my Flickr photo stream, but I assume that I will have to remove exif data or something,,,,? (lol - just heard the term exif bounded about ,,, not a clue what I talk about??!!)
              Tess

Comment

Nice to see you in this thread, Tess. Now, with regards to exif data, it depends what data the image is storing - some newer cameras and mobile phones can store GPS data in the exif data. So, when someone like me comes along and looks at the data stored in the exif file in your image, GPS data can sort of be a bit of a give-away to the location!

Other than that, there really is not a lot of info in the data that can help us puzzle solvers. Unless of course you had been reporting elsewhere on the forum your whereabouts on certain dates, because the exif data will almost certainly contain the date the image was made. I remember tracking one of Ralf's photos like that a couple of years ago - he often posts about his various travels, so when he put a photo in this thread, i looked at the date and tried to match it with his movements. Lol, i got the right city, but never did find the actual location.

I am sure someone else can advise you how to remove the data, there are a few free programs out there. But i have never used them, i do it the old fashioned way, i open the photo in good old 'Paint', then save the image as a .bmp file. Then i open the .bmp file in Paint, then change it back to a .jpg, that wipes out all the exif data. But i am sure there are much quicker ways of doing it. Someone here will know for sure.
                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Thanks Steve!
                  Think I can cope with the Paint option of removing exif data ... didn't know that all my phone photos might be a tell-tale of my GPS position when posting my photos...!!?? Learn something new everyday. Paint option also means I don't have to fire up the old desktop computer to find a good photo editor to do it - laptop in front of TV will be enough....lol!

As it is late now though I will have to keep you all in suspense until tomorrow night now ... Sorry!
                  Tess

Comment

Clicking the right mouse button on the file name at the desktop will open a window where you will find "features" or "attributes" (in German: "Eigenschaften"). Opening this will give you an offer (under "Details") to create a copy of the picture WITHOUT all these attributes --> done.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                      Clicking the right mouse button on the file name at the desktop will open a window where you will find "features" or "attributes" (in German: "Eigenschaften"). Opening this will give you an offer (under "Details") to create a copy of the picture WITHOUT all these attributes --> done.
                      Really? What operating system does that apply to, Ralf? I have nothing like that using XP. Under 'Properties' i can view the data, but no options for saving without that data.
                      Last edited by Steve.B; October 10th, 2013, 23:05. Reason: typo
                      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

That maybe an explanation. I am using Windows 7 Professional. But i am really not keen (and patient) with such things. Any way something works will satisfiy me...

Comment

You're not missing much on that facility. Steve. I tried it out on Vista. Clicking Properties there was a third tab showing called Details. With my camera that gives camera details, exif info., date taken, path to the folder containing the photo etc. Following Ralf's explanation all that disappeared that was of the slightest use as far as this thread is concerned was the date photo taken. But then I don't add the place taken as a title to my photos, just the P number that the camera gives it.
                          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Ah, Vista onwards then. I do have win 7 Ultimate installed on this pc - dual boot, but i hardly ever use it. I only boot into it if i have some program that insists on it.

Comment

ok ... thanks to all help I think I have done it, so lets try this one:

Anyone?
                              Tess

Comment

Working...
                              X