Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Re: What place is this?

    I was joking, the address is not the MI6 but the Norwegian embassy. If it is not there then it must be

    300 Pasir Panjang Road
    (Nær Haw Par Villa)
    Singapore 118640
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

    Comment


      Re: What place is this?

      Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
      I was joking, the address is not the MI6 but the Norwegian embassy. If it is not there then it must be

      300 Pasir Panjang Road
      (Nær Haw Par Villa)
      Singapore 118640
      Ralf are you Orwell's big brother?

      Comment


        Re: What place is this?

        Naah, i am just kidding a bit. Try the address in google. Maybe the country is right now?
        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

        Comment


          Re: What place is this?

          Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
          Naah, i am just kidding a bit. Try the address in google. Maybe the country is right now?
          It is correct if you are looking for the Norwegian/Swedish Church in Singapore, otherwise still wrong.
          It was a long time ago when you could see street scenes like this in Singapore.

          Comment


            Re: What place is this?

            Is it one of your own pictures Ombugge?
            I suggest Vietnam, just as a try.

            Comment


              Re: What place is this?

              Oh, i see. I am learning to find differences with such clues. Very good, for me all is looking the same in Asia. Time to change that. So my next guess goes seriously to Vietnam?

              --- oh hallo, Yves! We are on the same track ---
              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

              Comment


                Re: What place is this?

                Possibly Kathmandu, methinks.
                Ivy

                "To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

                Comment


                  Re: What place is this?

                  Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                  Is it one of your own pictures Ombugge?
                  I suggest Vietnam, just as a try.
                  It is my own picture, but not Vietnam.

                  Comment


                    Re: What place is this?

                    Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                    Oh, i see. I am learning to find differences with such clues. Very good, for me all is looking the same in Asia. Time to change that. So my next guess goes seriously to Vietnam?

                    --- oh hallo, Yves! We are on the same track ---
                    Yes you are right, it is time to broaden your horizon and learn about what is after all the largest and most populous Continent on this planet.
                    Unfortunately you are not alone in regarding Europe as the centre of the world, with little or no interest in what is happening in Asia, to their peril.
                    In fact there are a lot more diversity between countries and people in Asia than there are in Europe, where the population, culture and religion is generally h0mogeneous.
                    Last edited by ombugge; June 3rd, 2013, 09:20.

                    Comment


                      Re: What place is this?

                      I'm invisible again, aren't I? Ombugge, I absolutely insist you look at my post #3742, posted 22 hours ago it says at the moment.
                      And this time don't make out that it was on the previous page so you didn't see it. It was posted after Yves and Ralf posted theirs. What's the excuse this time?
                      I hope your dragon plant wilts.
                      Last edited by wherrygirl; June 1st, 2013, 22:02.
                      Ivy

                      "To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

                      Comment


                        Re: What place is this?

                        Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                        Possibly Kathmandu, methinks.
                        No it is not Kathmandu, or anywhere close to there.

                        Comment


                          Re: What place is this?

                          Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                          I'm invisible again, aren't I? Ombugge, I absolutely insist you look at my post #3742, posted 22 hours ago it says at the moment.
                          And this time don't make out that it was on the previous page so you didn't see it. It was posted after Yves and Ralf posted theirs. What's the excuse this time?
                          I hope your dragon plant wilts.
                          Oh my, are we touchy today.
                          I was working my way down the list when visitors arrived to greet us on our arrival in Norway a few hours ago.
                          Now, how is that for plausible excuse???

                          Comment


                            Re: What place is this?

                            Now you know by the smilies that I was just pulling your leg!

                            Now, how is that for plausible excuse???
                            Best of all possible ones. Enjoy your stay back in Alesund, Ombugge.
                            Ivy

                            "To thine own self be true.......
                            Thou canst not then be false to any man."

                            Comment


                              Re: What place is this?

                              Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                              Unfortunately you are not alone in regarding Europe as the centre of the world, with little or no interest in what is happening in Asia, to their peril. In fact there are a lot more diversity between countries and people in Asia than there are in Europe, where the population, culture and religion is generally h0mogeneous.
                              Right words, but in my opinion Europe is not the centre of the world, and it is not out of my interest what is happening in Asia.
                              But for me personally there is so much left in Europe waiting to explore, that i see at this time no need to take a flight to Asia and spend my holidays there.
                              There is a lot more in Asia than just a place for cheap production, inhumane work and environmental pollution. I will go there for sure later on.

                              But me thinks, whith this puzzle we are at a place which is used for such business. Cambodia?
                              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

                              Comment


                                Re: What place is this?

                                Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                                Right words, but in my opinion Europe is not the centre of the world, and it is not out of my interest what is happening in Asia.
                                But for me personally there is so much left in Europe waiting to explore, that i see at this time no need to take a flight to Asia and spend my holidays there.
                                There is a lot more in Asia than just a place for cheap production, inhumane work and environmental pollution. I will go there for sure later on.

                                But me thinks, with this puzzle we are at a place which is used for such business. Cambodia?
                                I somehow missed this post.
                                Yes Asia is a LOT more than cheap production (read "labour"), inhumane working condition and environmental pollution. In fact that is the least interesting about Asia, but what the Western media is emphasizing on in their reporting. The fact that Asia is the home of more than 2/3 of the world's population and some of the world's fastest growing economies is ignored, or attributed to the above cheap labour, inhumane working conditions and lax environmental law enforcement. Two out of three of the world's biggest economies (in real term) is Asian. In terms of of GDP per capita, 6 of the 10 richest is in Asia, 3 in Europe and 1 in North America: http://richestman2013.com/top-10-ric...-in-the-world/
                                No Asian countries are among the 10 poorest in the world (All in Africa)

                                As for Cambodia; No.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X