X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Yves, is this a model?
    Not easy to answer to this question Ivy.It was not built as a model but we could say the result is something like that..

Comment

Perhaps a folly, then. It's difficult to translate that word as I am using it here, but generally speaking it is a building (perhaps just the facade of one) that may be erected by someone in their grounds to hide some unattractive view, or maybe a "pretend" ruin, a kind of whim.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Perhaps a folly, then. It's difficult to translate that word as I am using it here, but generally speaking it is a building (perhaps just the facade of one) that may be erected by someone in their grounds to hide some unattractive view, or maybe a "pretend" ruin, a kind of whim.
        No need to translate,Ivy, we have the same word in French(une folie) to illustrate this kind of building.Considering the picture it's not a "folly".
        But in French folie is also a reference to somebody completely mad.Maybe the man who built it was mad....or odd at least.

Comment

Well well.This puzzle does'nt seem to be a great success.
          To stimulate our gamblers, here is a clue:you have to search among creators of Outsider Art.

Comment

Could it be this one???: http://handivoyages.free.fr/VIENNE1/index11.php

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
              You've hit it, Ombugge.
              It is Postman Cheval's Ideal Palace, located in Hauterives, Drome Provence, south of France.
              One can have a look to the website (in French and English) www.facteurcheval.com for more informations.Cheval's life and artwork tell an interresting story.

Over to you.
              Last edited by yvneac; April 12th, 2013, 16:13.

Comment

And there was me searching India. I would never have thought of looking in France!
                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Well, Steve, I hadn't a clue as to what country it may be in. There was obviously something artificial about it which was what made me think of a model or folly, but when Yves said "No" I was completely stumped.
                  Well well.This puzzle does'nt seem to be a great success.
                  Oh but Yves, your puzzle was a great success, it had us mystified until Ombugge somehow found it.
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Yes, that was a good one Yves, that was a good one, my first thoughts were to S.E Asia, but you ruled that one out for Ombugge, so my next place was India. You certainly had us fooled for a while!
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Well, Steve, I hadn't a clue as to what country it may be in. There was obviously something artificial about it which was what made me think of a model or folly, but when Yves said "No" I was completely stumped.

Oh but Yves, your puzzle was a great success, it had us mystified until Ombugge somehow found it.
                      Let me explain how I found this one.
                      I gave it a quick look when first posted and, without researching anything, threw in S.E.Asia. (Looked like it could be some old Hindu temple in Cambodia, Indonesia or possibly Burma)
                      After that I did not look again, until I noticed that it was still unsolved more than a week later.
                      That made me curious, so I downloaded the picture to look for details.
                      To my surprise the picture came with a title; "palais-facteur-cheval". Googeling that and the images that came up looked very similar. I just picked one and posted.
                      So no great price for finding this one.
                      I'll defer to anyone with a ready puzzle to post.

Comment

OK, since there are no takers, try this one:

Comment

Amundsen-Scott South Pole Station.
                          Ĝistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

Correct!!! Over to you Oistein.

Comment

Next problem.

Ĝistein

Comment

Here is more of it.

Ĝistein

Comment

Working...
                                X