Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
    2. There is a certain keyword, which leeds more or less directly to the right solution. This keyword is German and is the name for something you see in the picture.
    Is it the sun chairs? (I don't even know the name in English, I'm not close to finding the name in German! )
    MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
    Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
    My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Yes, these sun chairs have a special name. Try to find out why.
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Schonwald in Black Forest?

Comment

I am sorry, it is not Schönwald. They don't have such chairs there, as far as i know.
          It is located North of Schönwald.
          Last edited by Ralf__; March 21st, 2013, 17:49.

Comment

Ralf, is this place located on the Westweg?

Comment

Good guess. But no. You can actuelly see the Westweg from there, it is about 4km west of the Westweg.

Comment

If you put the information together, the searching area is not so big anymore. You know that the location is North of Schönwald and about 4 km west of the Westweg. That cuts off 130km Westweg between Basel and Schönwald. The remaining 157km are between Schönwald and Pforzheim.

But i will give you another clue. You could have known it, the water west of the Westweg runs directly to the Rhine. The village near the location is famous for it's Mineral Water, which is filled in bottles and sold in the whole area (there are some more such villages in the Black Forest, but try to find the right one).

Comment

If you put the information together, the searching area is not so big anymore. You know that the location is North of Schönwald and about 4 km west of the Westweg. That cuts off 130km Westweg between Basel and Schönwald. The remaining 157km are between Schönwald and Pforzheim.

But i will give you another clue. You could have known it, the water west of the Westweg runs directly to the Rhine. The village near the location is famous for it's Mineral Water, which is filled in bottles and sold in the whole area (there are some more such villages in the Black Forest, but try to find the right one).
                  I know mineral water is bottled in Freudenstadt but it's not the only one place in this area.

Comment

Yves, that is not correct. There is no "Freudenstädter Sprudel" existing. But nevertheless you came closer to the right place.

Comment

Yves, that is not correct. There is no "Freudenstädter Sprudel" existing. But nevertheless you came closer to the right place.
                      So, by searching for Schwarzwald Sprudel, I found a reference to Bad Peterstal-Griesbach then a google images link to here:

http://www.projektd.de/bilder/115879.html

Which could just be Ralf's picture!!

'Himmelsliegen am Wiesensteg.'

Heaven beds, heaven recliners, something like that? Can't think of an English phrase that fits!
                      Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Uuuupss. Shouldn't have mentioned "Sprudel"...

We see the southernmost point of the "Wiesensteig", a new nature trail near Bad Griesbach.
                        http://www.premiumwandern.com/premiu...esensteig.html

I thought so that these "Himmelsliegen" won't have an English translation so far. These sunchairs are quite popular now, since walking means no more just doing kilometers or miles but to have a nature experience like watching the sky as here seen. Last weekend we prepared a tour there, which will we do with a group in April. I hope, we have spring then with a lot of nice pictures.

Well done, Steve. Over to you.
                        Last edited by Ralf__; March 22nd, 2013, 15:41.

Comment

Err - it was me!!

Mind you if Steve has an off the shelf puzzle, he's welcome to rescue me!
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Sorry, Mark, for this speed-posting!!

I am just cleaning the mess up on my desk before leaving in farm vacation tomorrow and therefore in a bit of a hurry.

Sorry, sorry sorrysorry

Comment

That's fine. Most of the time I don't know who I am either. Have a good holiday!
                              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

OK - just a quick puzzle then. Don't think this will be too taxing.

Where is this?

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X