Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    I obviously let this one go a little too early. I should have covered the Centre Point and Byern logos.
    Well, too late to cry over spilled milk.
    Over to you Mark.
    It was the Bayer logo that did it I'm afraid! Why don't you set us another one Ombugge? I'm struggling with a new computer and Windows 8 here. When the number of the version of Operating System exceeds both my IQ and boot size, I slow down!!
    Last edited by PoloUK; February 2nd, 2013, 10:37.
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Mmm-mm-mm... Bigfoot meets Bear of Little Brain?
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
        It was the Bayer logo that did it I'm afraid! Why don't you set us another one Ombugge? I'm struggling with a new computer and Windows 8 here. When the number of the version of Operating System exceeds both my IQ and boot size, I slow down!!
        I have run out of pictures to challenge consummated puzzle solvers on CVF, so I invite some of the many who are looking in, but not actually participating on this thread, to post the next puzzle.
        We could need some new blood and fresh pictures that isn't immediately recognized by Google Images. Any idea of how to make the puzzles more challenging is also welcome.

Comment

I nominate Sarnia for the next poster - she has been joining in quite a bit recently. Come on, Sarnia, lead us up the garden path or out into the wilderness, heaven knows where!
          Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
            I nominate Sarnia for the next poster - she has been joining in quite a bit recently. Come on, Sarnia, lead us up the garden path or out into the wilderness, heaven knows where!
            And here I was trying to hide behind the bushes!
            OK I'll give you a new puzzle, but I'm leaving on wednesday morning for Oslo, so in the unlikely event that the puzzle is not solve by then, we'll have to come up with a creative solution. But there are some astute detectives here so it might not last that long (there is a 4 minutes record to be broken with the previous puzzle I think! ).

Here you go :
            Last edited by Sarnia; March 6th, 2013, 17:39.
            MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
            Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
            My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Tours de Merle in the Correze: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tours_de_Merle

Isn't it beautiful? Your imagination could run riot with ideas of things that may have happened there over the years.

I Googled ruined castles in France and looked at the images to get that one!

Thanks for setting that one Sarnia. Assuming that's right, I have nothing 'off the shelf' at the moment, so please, anyone, feel free to post us another puzzle.
              Last edited by PoloUK; February 5th, 2013, 15:45.
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Isn't it beautiful? Your imagination could run riot with ideas of things that may have happened there over the years.
                And you are right!
                Indeed it is a place for imagination. A pretty amazing place, linked to the "small" history of a family and the way the wealth was passed on from father to sons (each son would add his own building to the site!), but also linked to the "big" history of France and some wild, difficult moments. You can feel it from the stones when you visit.
                MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
                Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
                My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

I Googled ruined castles in France and looked at the images to get that one!
                  I was on the same track (looking for ruins in France), but i am thinking too complicated! Well done Mark!
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                    I was on the same track (looking for ruins in France), but i am thinking too complicated! Well done Mark!
                    Me too - but so many beautiful ruins.... Well done, Mark, so quick. And Sarnia, you won't have to postpone your trip in order to deal with our questions!
                    What say we drag that Yves kicking and screaming to post the next puzzle? Lazy so-and-so.
                    Last edited by wherrygirl; February 5th, 2013, 21:24.
                    Ivy

Comment

Ivy we can't refuse you anything...when it's asked so pleasantly.

So what place is it?

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                        Ivy we can't refuse you anything...when it's asked so pleasantly.
                        I knew that would wake you up!
                        Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                          I knew that would wake you up!
                          Ivy, you are so cute!

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                            Ivy, you are so cute!

PS:....and if you are not too busy, you may look for the solution!

Comment

I think it is Port et Citadelle de Calvi, Corse.
                              Of course i identified the scenery by the cars and the number plates as French. This was confirmed also, since it was a puzzle by Yves.
                              Palm trees lead to the Mediterranean Sea.
                              There is a typical landscape scenery with that hill seen in the background, a harbour in this position to the coast must be easy to find on Google Earth. So i checked first the French coast between Marseille and Monaco. Then i moved over to Corsica, the towns there should also be smaller in size.
                              Finally i found this picture:
                              http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explo...c&user=3790702
                              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Well done Ralf.
                                Indeed it's the port and the citadelle of Calvi, a wonderful place to stay for sailing as well as for hiking, as it is all over Corsica.

Ivy,you may come back from Greenland now

Comment

Working...
                                X