What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Bravo Steve, you are the master of google keywords. I was checking systematically all harbour ports via Google Earth and interrupted by the lunch break and some regular work i had to do. Spending about 20 Minutes more time and i would have nailed it also, but with a lot more of stupid try and errors. I tried also some keyword combinations but was not satisfied with the results. Now let's see, what you have.
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I doubt this next one will prove to be so interesting, but it might last the day out!

Which Place is This?

Photo credit - cmh2315f from their flickr album.
      Last edited by Steve.B; January 25th, 2013, 16:59.
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Is it in the capital of a European city?
        MS Lofoten April 2006, March 2012, Feb 2013. MS Polarlys Dec 2010. MS Fram Feb 2009, Sep 2011.
        Upcoming : MS Fram Dec 2013, MS Lofoten Sep 2014
        My travelblog : http://voyageterremer.blogspot.com. Hurtigruten, Antarctica, Svalbard, Norway (and other places...).

Comment

Originally posted by Sarnia View Post
          Is it in the capital of a European city?
          No, sorry Sarnia, not a capital in Europe.
          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

if i could zoom in on the nameplate (in front right side) on the pole i think i have the answer
            best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
              if i could zoom in on the nameplate (in front right side) on the pole i think i have the answer
              I gave that a careful look before i posted the puzzle Thijs, even knowing the answer i am still struggling to read what that sign says. So hopefully it will be too blurry to give you the answer so quickly.

Comment

way to blurry Steve,couldend make anything out of it
                best regards Thijs

Comment

I had a go at that and have an idea - probably foolish. Is it a big conurbation up north in England, Steve?
                  Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                  Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                    I had a go at that and have an idea - probably foolish. Is it a big conurbation up north in England, Steve?
                    No, not northern England, Ivy, and we are in the centre of a city with this one.

Comment

I don't think we are in Europe at all.
                      What little plants/trees we see is sub-tropical, or tropical, me think.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                        I don't think we are in Europe at all.
                        What little plants/trees we see is sub-tropical, or tropical, me think.
                        Correct Ombugge, we are in a sub-tropical zone.

EDIT: To save any confusion to which areas of the world are classed as being sub-tropical, this place is within the yellow boundary's on the map below.

Last edited by Steve.B; January 25th, 2013, 15:58.

Comment

Does inhabitants speak spanish in this town?

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                            Does inhabitants speak spanish in this town?
                            No, i am sure that Spanish is most definitely not the language spoken in this place.

Comment

Poooh. That is a hard one again. I suppose, it is in the States, because i see a typical horizontal traffic light. It seems also to lead on the right (-->) side of the street. The architecture fits to me also. The style of the bridge is also American in my opinion, a steel bridge combined with stone, seems to be quide solid. The tower thrills me, i am not sure if this is a water tower with later installed antennas or what the purpose is. I think this is the key. We have to find the tower...
                              Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Ralf, you are on the right track, we are indeed in the USA.

Comment

Working...
                                X