Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    Sorry Mark. Suitable corrections made to my last.

So, should we look for other Detention Centres, Prisons or the general area of Kent/Suss*x???
    I think i should step in here and point out that you are not looking for an actual prison or detention centre, but you are on the right lines when thinking that prison is a clue. But that clue will be easier for some to understand than others.

But i can tell you that we are not in either Kent or Suss*x.
    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

We are narrowing this down nicely.
      Unfortunately it is getting late here, but I expect to see this one solved by morning. (My time)
      Near Southampton???????
      Last edited by ombugge; January 15th, 2013, 17:18.

Comment

I thought this would be over by now. So here's my thought.
        I plump for pigeon lofts. Don't ask me why but when Mark said numbers, not names I had a think and decided the numbers referred to non-humans. Suddenly - hey presto - pigeons came to my addled brain. I Googled some and there were the little webcams, and all sorts of "architecture".
        But where?
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Pigeons being held prisoners in lofts? Whatever next!

No, sorry Ivy, certainly not a pigeon loft.
          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Oh well! By the way, Steve, in #3348 I mentioned a possible church or chapel because it looked like rows of candles visible through the window. Any luck there?
            Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              Oh well! By the way, Steve, in #3348 I mentioned a possible church or chapel because it looked like rows of candles visible through the window. Any luck there?
              No, not a chapel or church, Ivy. This is in fact a place where you would go to eat. Hope that helps you all a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                No, not a chapel or church, Ivy. This is in fact a place where you would go to eat. Hope that helps you all a little bit.
                Very hard puzzle Steve.I think now I could work in the tourist offices all over South UK.
                Is this place near London?

Comment

And if you want to know anything about floating river villages in Indonesia and Ombugge is not around - just ask me! We explore the world via this thread in a way we could never do in reality!
                  Ivy

Comment

The two active prisons that has restaurants, at Cardiff and High Down doesn't appear to have the right architecture.

So, restaurant in a disused prison somewhere in South England or Wales? (But NOT SW England)
                    Sounds easy, but Google does not want to co-operate on this one. (Or I haven't found the right search words yet)

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                      The two active prisons that has restaurants, at Cardiff and High Down doesn't appear to have the right architecture.

So, restaurant in a disused prison somewhere in South England or Wales? (But NOT SW England)
                      Sounds easy, but Google does not want to co-operate on this one. (Or I haven't found the right search words yet)
                      Same to me.In English, in French and even in Frenglish...

Comment

I think i should step in here and point out that you are not looking for an actual prison or detention centre
                        The place that you are looking for has NEVER been a real prison or detention centre (or part of). So you will find no link or association with the prison (or immigration) services.
                        Last edited by Steve.B; January 17th, 2013, 13:58.

Comment

The place that you are looking for has NEVER been a real prison or detention centre (or part of). So you will find no link or association with the prison (or immigration) services.
                          I'd just like to apologise for the confusion I caused with my simple sentence! It will all become clear soon!!!
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I think maybe a zoo/safari park?
                            Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                              I think maybe a zoo/safari park?
                              I like your thinking, Ivy, totally wrong though!

Comment

A station buffet? I guess it's wrong but nevertheless I try!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X