What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Honestly that was quite easy. I filled all visible names in a Google search. Each of the names is famous and has a lot of hits. But in this COMBINATION you will find the perfect result soon.

Now we go back to the water mills. Let us see, how quick you will find this one. I will be on the road during the next three days, so i will have only very limited access to the web, so please be patient, if you need some answers or help yourself...

This is way too difficult, so i will help you this time with the purpose of the mill. But where you can find it??

Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I have been busy this past week and have not even had a chance to look at this one yet. I was going to have a look last night but the forum seemed to be down every time i tried it. Normally i would have already copied the puzzle photos for quick reference, typically this time i had not! Have done so now, and will start searching when i get a chance, probably not until Monday though, still a bit busy this end at the moment.
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

It's an intriguing one, isn't it Steve? I had a meeting last night and when back home I also couldn't get through to CVF.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

The only one thing I am sure is that we are not in a lace manufacture on Mars!

Comment

Don't you think that is a rather rash statement, Yves? Mars, god of war, would surely prefer his costume trimmings to be made of sterner stuff than silk.
            Ivy

Comment

I am back and will have a lot more time this week to follow up your posts. Up to now there was no suggestion about the location and the purpose, so i will give you first a hint by posting a third picture:

Comment

That's very attractive and I should think it narrows the search down to an open-air museum somewhere.
                Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                  That's very attractive and I should think it narrows the search down to an open-air museum somewhere.
                  And that "somewhere" may be in Germany??

Comment

Or the Czech republic!
                    Ivy

Comment

Very good! This time in fact an open air museum and it is in Germany. They have a different building style in CZ.

Comment

How annoying, i remember seeing this place when i was searching for Ralf's previous water wheel puzzle, i recall seeing those stepping stones in one of my search results. Darned if i can find it again!
                        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I have my doubts about these stepping stones... there are a lot of places which look similar. Maybe a look at the products, which were produced there, will help?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                            I have my doubts about these stepping stones... there are a lot of places which look similar. Maybe a look at the products, which were produced there, will help?

Aha - are we thinking copper?
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Nope. I guess that is the light and a slight corrosion. Copper would be a too weak material for such tools, wouldn't it?

Comment

Probably - but there if I search on 'freilichtmuseum' I keep getting responses with 'kupfer'. By asking a daft question, we now only have to worry about the ones without 'kupfer'! (Who am I kidding with the false intellectualism?)
                                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X