What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

That sound like we have to climb a bit into the Alps after all. My knowledge of French geography is not all that good, I'll just try another guess: Larche???

Comment

I never went so much to the church since 24 hours !
      I don’t find the good one. The structure of this building is usual in the roman alpine style in this area, especially the tower and the spire and the four stones at the angle of the tower.
      I think the clue is in the three mausoleums but I can’t get any pics of them.
      So we are somewhere in Hautes-Alpes or Alpes -De- Hautes- Provence.
      If my little comrades of CVF have an idea, go on!

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
        That sound like we have to climb a bit into the Alps after all. My knowledge of French geography is not all that good, I'll just try another guess: Larche???
        This is the closest guess yet, but no, we are not in Larche, but i am sure we are in a region of the Alp's.

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
        I think the clue is in the three mausoleums but I can’t get any pics of them.
        They are not mausoleums. So what could they be? I will let you all think about this new clue! I will also tell you that this is not the only church at this place. Good luck!
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Maybe eglise Saint Pierre at ABRIES

Comment

Finaly it's Notre DAME DES SEPT DOULEURS from the path of Chemin de Croix.City of Abriès.

Comment

I had assumed all along that the little buildings were shrines. A little different from mausoleums, perhaps.

Ah, sorry, I posted at the same moment as Yves. haven't time to look, but I'm sure he's got it!
              Last edited by wherrygirl; October 3rd, 2012, 13:11.
              Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
              Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

No, that is the wrong church, Yves. But, i will give it to you because you have found the correct village! We are indeed at Abriès.

I do not know the name of the church in my puzzle, so i am happy with you finding just the correct village.

The little buildings are infact Stations of the Cross. Each one will show an image or scene depicting Christ on his way to the cross. More about Stations of the Cross can be found on the Wiki page here.

The Google Earth image below shows the location of the puzzle church.

So back you you Yves.
                Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Finaly it's Notre DAME DES SEPT DOULEURS from the path of Chemin de Croix.City of Abriès.
                  Spot on this time!

Comment

It was a Way of Cross but thank you Steve for this nice stroll in the Alpes.
                    Now enjoy this one.

Comment

Been busy recently, but I can't even think of an intelligent question about this one. Think harder, Ivy!
                      Ivy

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                        Been busy recently, but I can't even think of an intelligent question about this one. Think harder, Ivy!
                        Me neither, but I'll try; Hollywood????

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                          Me neither, but I'll try; Hollywood????
                          Not USA but you are on the way.The names are these of actors, directors or people working for the american film industry.

Comment

These are Les Planches de Deauville, Normandy, France.
                            There is a big movie festival in Deauville each year called Festival du Film Américain de Deauville.

The planches Deauville are change rooms (?) at the beach near the public swimming pool south-west of the harbour.

http://www.lexpress.fr/culture/cinem...r_1028112.html
                            Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

You found it Ralf.
                              For more informations one can go to wikipedia on the english notice about Deauville beach.
                              It's your turn now!

Comment

Ralf, however did you manage that???? Are you an habitué of film festivals? Congratulations, anyway.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X