What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

No more for two days, what is going on????
    I cannot give any more clues, but Steve, you are VERY close. (Right country and right general area)

Too far away to be the Ancohuma seen from this mountain top, unless on a very clear day and with a very large telescopic lens, I would think.

Comment

I was not hoping for another clue, i have just been busy for the last day or so, but it sounds like i was closer than i could have hoped with my last guess. I shall have a look this evening if it's not been solved by then.
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Okay, i am going to head north about 90 miles, could we be looking at the Cordillera Apolobamba mountain range? (Bolivian side of the border with Peru).
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
          Okay, i am going to head north about 90 miles, could we be looking at the Cordillera Apolobamba mountain range? (Bolivian side of the border with Peru).
          You are heading in a wrong direction. Remember, you are on the Southern Hemisphere. The pictures were taken in the dead of winter.

Comment

It would seem i am wandering the Bolivian mountains alone here, where's everyone else gone? All scared of the cold?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
              It would seem i am wandering the Bolivian mountains alone here, where's everyone else gone? All scared of the cold?

Hi Steve.
              Not scared at all but in week-end in the countryside without computer.
              Anyway in spite of research I can't find these bloody mountains.
              YVES

Comment

Oh Steve, well, let me say I'm with you in spirit. I looked at Ombugge's post #3109 and made a start on moving a bit further south, then felt guilty because you are obviously so near discovery. Also, though I keep watch, I haven't time at the moment to skim those mountain tops for long because it needs such painstaking care in searching those snowy regions for the right shape mountain top.
                But I'll try again tomorrow.
                Meanwhile, you must not give up.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I totally agree Yves, these darn mountains are being rather elusive to say the least! Ivy, don't you worry about jumping in, you would be doing me a favour, i am struggling here at the moment! Just so many variables when it comes to things like mountains.

Comment

The mountain top you are looking for is popular with climbers, since is is fairly easily accessible and without any difficult climbing, although walking in groups and using ropes is required.
                    Adventurous tourists, not mountaineers, are the most frequent visitors.

Comment

I read about the easier 6000 meters in Bolivia:Huayna Potosi.

Comment

Yes, I had a quick look at that one last night, Yves, and after looking through many photos of it was going to double check today and suggest it.
                        I'm sure you're right.
                        Ivy

Comment

Congratulation Yves!!!!

Obviously my last clue helped solving this one, but I hope you all enjoyed a bit of mountain walking in the Andes.

It is pictures taken from the top of Huayna Potosi by my eldest son, when he climbed it in July this year.

Now is is over to Yves to find a challenging puzzle to match this one. (That is the hard part)

Comment

I suggest the last proposition but as usual on CVF it was a team victory!!!

Ithink this one is easier:

Comment

I think this is probably an airship hangar. But where?
                              Ivy

Comment

At Dirigeables a d'Ecausseville? See http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Locatio....html#44205097
                                Last edited by wherrygirl; September 26th, 2012, 15:57.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X