X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
    Do we have to identify the woman also??

First guess to narrow down the searching area: It looks very European, is that correct?
    No, you will be relieved to know you do not have to identify the woman, i shall let you off with that one. But yes, we are in Europe with this one.
    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

I tried to work with the information we have until now.

The plants look like growing in a moderate climate, so maybe Great Britain and Southern Norway as the northermost possibility and the Alps as southernmost. I was checking the Alps, because i remembered your Kandersteg puzzle a while ago, but i could not find any matches.

I concentrated on the railing, which looks to me special (very elaborated).
      I could not find such a railing in all of the Alp canyons and gorges.

So here is my next conclusion: It is NOT in the Alps.

Correct?
      Last edited by Ralf__; July 18th, 2012, 17:26.
      Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Correct, we are not in the Alps with this one. I shall say no more and let the detectives in you all carry on your work.
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Could we back at your favourite island and the Shanklin Chine??

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
            Could we back at your favourite island and the Shanklin Chine??
            No, sorry Ombugge, not back at Shanklin, this place is much bigger than the Chine at Shanklin.

Comment

No great logic - I'm just trying some logical deduction - are we on the UK mainland?

Looks wet enough!
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I never quite know, when people say Europe, whether they are including the UK/British Isles.
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
                  No great logic - I'm just trying some logical deduction - are we on the UK mainland?

Looks wet enough!
                  Yes, we are on the UK mainland.

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                  I never quite know, when people say Europe, whether they are including the UK/British Isles.
                  I know what you mean Ivy, i tend to think of Europe as being that place across the channel, but of course we are part of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                    I know what you mean Ivy, i tend to think of Europe as being that place across the channel, but of course we are part of Europe.
                    Ahhh - "Fog in Channel, Europe isolated"!!

Thanks for the clue Steve. I'm thinking about places that have gorges or caves - Somerset, Derbyshire or Yorkshire at the moment.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I've been thinking Yorks. for a day or two.
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I looked through "some" caves and for me there is only one possibility, if it is a cave: Marble Arch.

There is an area at the entrance where they have steel railings which could fit. But i have no picture to confirm that guess. So is it Marble Arch?

Or is it no cave at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                          I looked through "some" caves and for me there is only one possibility, if it is a cave: Marble Arch.

There is an area at the entrance where they have steel railings which could fit. But i have no picture to confirm that guess. So is it Marble Arch?

Or is it no cave at all?
                          Keep looking Ralf, no to both of them! Knowing your not looking for a cave should help a little bit.

Comment

I think we are in the Devil's Cauldron, Lydford Gorge:

Comment

WOW! You found the railing. I checked a lot of gorges, but somehow this one was not listed during my searches.
                              I think i found a second picture which shows exactly the place where the picture was taken...

http://www.monkstone.com/images/lydford.jpg

Well done, Ombugge! And thank you Steve, this was a wonderful puzzle. I got knowledge of so much interesting places during the search.
                              Last edited by Ralf__; July 20th, 2012, 10:08.

Comment

With that confirmation from Ralf I feel safe that I got the right one.

I therefore also feel safe enough to post the next one:

Sorry about the small size, but where do you find these impressive mountains???

Photographer to be credited when solved.
                                Last edited by ombugge; July 20th, 2012, 09:44.

Comment

Working...
                                X