Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    That building in the foreground - is it some sort of drying shed?
    No drying shed here.
    Maybe a "drying up" shed at best.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
      Well, what I really meant was something like this:

But I may have left it a bit late???
      Oh, I well knew what you meant, I was just pulling your leg.
      As to that last remark - well, I'm speechless (Makes a change!).
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
        Well, what I really meant was something like this:

But I may have left it a bit late???
        Funnily enough Ombugge, that wasn't really how I pictured you. Just goes to show that you can't imagine what people look like by what they post on forums.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Oh, ha-ha-ha-ha! Me like. (Serves him right )
          Ivy

Comment

So, what have we got? We've got a rather lovely sandy beach and some palm trees.

The boats seem quite long, and there's a big building in the foreground - Ombugge suggesting drying up instead of drying.

We're all obviously thinking Pacific - hence all of us donning our grass skirts and watching Hawaii-Five-O - although Ombugge seems to be steering us away from that.

Palm trees do grow in other places too though.

Time for a direct question:

Ombugge - are we on the shores of the Pacific Ocean?
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
              So, what have we got? We've got a rather lovely sandy beach and some palm trees.

The boats seem quite long, and there's a big building in the foreground - Ombugge suggesting drying up instead of drying.

We're all obviously thinking Pacific - hence all of us donning our grass skirts and watching Hawaii-Five-O - although Ombugge seems to be steering us away from that.

Palm trees do grow in other places too though.

Time for a direct question:

Ombugge - are we on the shores of the Pacific Ocean?
              Pacific Ocean yes, but in a broad sense, as in the Pacific Rim.
              Not the part of the Pacific where Grass skirts are/was worn.

Comment

My guess goes for the Philippines. Is it worth to search at the eastern shores?
                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
                  My guess goes for the Philippines. Is it worth to search at the eastern shores?
                  Your guess goes too far east. Not the Philippines.
                  (By the way, every one of the 7000 islands in the Philippines has an eastern shore, even the western most)

Pacific Basin/Rim includes the "Seas"and "Gulfs" that borders the open Pacific Ocean, both on the western and eastern side.
                  To make it more complicated; the 180 degr. meridian divide the Pacific Ocean. What is seen as East Pacific from one side is seen as West Pacific from the other.

Just trying to be helpful.

Comment

Ok, not sure about the east is west and west is east bit, but if the Philippines are too far east, then that tells me i should look further west - could we be somewhere in the Gulf of Thailand? Sorry to ask directly, just trying to narrow it down a fraction.(dunno)
                    Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Steve, so good to see you back on this thread - where you belong.
                      Ivy

Comment

Thank you Ivy, it feels good to be back, it looks like i have arrived just in time for one of Ombugge's specials. Time for Google and Google Earth i think.
                        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Ok, i feel i should take a guess here. Could we be looking at Pattaya North, Thailand?

This looks very similar - http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19744827

EDIT: And could that large grey roof in the foreground belong to the Mantra amari orchid restaurant/hotel? Looks very nice inside - http://www.discuss.com.hk/viewthread...e&tid=10157150
                          Last edited by Steve.B; July 18th, 2012, 01:47. Reason: Adding information

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                            Ok, i feel i should take a guess here. Could we be looking at Pattaya North, Thailand?

This looks very similar - http://www.panoramio.com/photo/19744827

EDIT: And could that large grey roof in the foreground belong to the Mantra amari orchid restaurant/hotel? Looks very nice inside - http://www.discuss.com.hk/viewthread...e&tid=10157150
                            He is definitively back and back with a vengeance!!!!
                            YES, it is Pattaya in Thailand and the North end of it as well.

I have posted a very similar picture in the World hotel room views earlier:

There was even a puzzle "built-in" to the earlier posts, solved by Seagull.

Now it is back to Steve to find something that is not instantly recognized by Googl's image search.

Comment

A google search for 'small fishing village gulf of thailand' made mention to Pattaya a few times, the colour of the sand in a few of the photos matched, so i looked further on Google Earth. Nearly gave up with that area, but looked to the North a bit further and found a match. But my guess of Gulf of Thailand was random influenced by learning the Philippines were too far east.

Ok, this one does not show up in the google image search.

Which Place is This?

Photo Steve.B.
                              Last edited by Steve.B; July 20th, 2012, 12:50.

Comment

Do we have to identify the woman also??

First guess to narrow down the searching area: It looks very European, is that correct?
                                Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Working...
                                X