Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
    That's the Mur des Canuts, Croix-Rousse in Lyon.

Isn't it fantastic!!! Could spend hours looking at that and still see new things!
    Well done Mark.I love the city of Lyon.For it rich cultural life....its restaurants and generous wines.About painted walls you can find an attractive website www.cite-creation.com both in french and english where we can see walls 'before and after'
    Yves

Comment

So on a very similar theme (although not as good!) - where's this one?

Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

At first look I thought; Dragon = China.
        But those Fairies does not look Chinese. Looks more like something out of a European Fairy Tale.
        Thea bare trees says Autumn or very early spring somewhere a bit north.
        Since I can only think of HC Andersen and Brothers Grim when it comes to Fairy Tale, I guessed we are either in Denmark of Germany?

Searching for "Murals on buildings Denmark Germany" brought up this picture on page 3:

Looks like a pretty good match, so this is Christiania Freestate in Copenhagen.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
          Looks like a pretty good match, so this is Christiania Freestate in Copenhagen.
          Spot on Ombugge! Possibly a little too easy, but thought it was too nicely matched to Yves' previous one to miss the opportunity.

A colleague and I were wandering around, quite smartly dressed, with the camera when I took this - and one of the locals came up and asked politely, if suspiciously, if we were Police. My Danish colleague explained that I was English, and that seemed to make it OK!! We didn't stay long though.
          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Spot on Ombugge! Possibly a little too easy, but thought it was too nicely matched to Yves' previous one to miss the opportunity.

A colleague and I were wandering around, quite smartly dressed, with the camera when I took this - and one of the locals came up and asked politely, if suspiciously, if we were Police. My Danish colleague explained that I was English, and that seemed to make it OK!! We didn't stay long though.
            Did you do any "shopping" while you where there???

Comment

Did you do any "shopping" while you where there???
              Certainly not - I'm highly respectable (or boring!!)
              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Certainly not - I'm highly respectable (or boring!!)
                Maybe.But where are the proofs?

Comment

OK. Answer accepted by all!!

Comment

Next puzzle is also untested for Google recognition ability. Here goes:

Where do you find this exotic place???
                    Last edited by ombugge; June 2nd, 2012, 16:25.

Comment

OK. Answer accepted by all!!
                      Oh really!?!? And who is this "all"? Ignoring the all-important female element are you - female element as in CVF, of course......
                      And she's still considering, so wotchit.
                      (I'll have to sort these boyos out when I have time).
                      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Sorry,at time my pendulum is out of order..as my brain,I guess.
                        Just to try something :somewhere on the Pacific Coast in South America?

Comment

Yep - I was thinking south too. Is the sea always that liquid there Ombugge, or is it sometimes a little more solid? It has a touch of the 'research station' about it.
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Yep - I was thinking south too. Is the sea always that liquid there Ombugge, or is it sometimes a little more solid? It has a touch of the 'research station' about it.
                            The is not always that calm and that liquid.

Comment

71.08° N 8.30° W or the norwegian station at Jan Mayen also called Olonkinbyen.
                              Øistein

If at first you don’t succeed, skydiving is not for you...

Comment

You are very right Oistein. It is Olikin City at Jan Mayen.

Here is what I had prepared as clues:

This one would probably give it away for those with detailed geographical knowledge:

All you would have to do is multi-triangulation and find out where they all crossed.

And finally the bonus picture for Sterkoder et al of a Hercules leaving Jan Mayen after dropping of supplies and mail.

PS> My youngest son tells me that flying in the Hercules from Norway to Holland last week was remarkably comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X