What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Yes, I should have remembered Ombugge making that point some time ago. Trouble is - I'm fixated on the north/south hemispheres - I still have my old pencil sharpener in the shape of a globe, and that definitely comes apart at the equator to empty the shavings!
    "I must put aside these childish things."
    Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
    Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
      I see that Steve posted elsewhere two days ago. So hopefully he is alright.
      Yep, i am still lurking around in the shadows! Just struggling a little with the old concentration at the moment due to the various medications i have to take. I recently had to up some dosages and it's taking me a while to get used to the higher dose. Add that to the fact i have just spent nearly 4 weeks trying to kick a particularly nasty little cold that Willow kindly felt she wanted to share with me. So that's not helped the clear thinking at all. One of the drugs i am on suppresses my immune system, so i can have trouble getting shot of things like colds. But this one seems to be retreating rapidly now, so hopefully my brain will be firing on all cylinders again soon. But like you spotted Ivy, somethings do make it through the fuzz and prompt me to post, explaining about the forum being advert free was one of them!
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post

West Canada or Alaska ?
        SOOOORRY!!! I did not see this post earlier, which have probably added to the confusion.

Yes you are in the ballpark, the right hemisphere and all. Now is only left to pinpoint the place in that rather large area.

Comment

Yes, I should have remembered Ombugge making that point some time ago. Trouble is - I'm fixated on the north/south hemispheres - I still have my old pencil sharpener in the shape of a globe, and that definitely comes apart at the equator to empty the shavings!
          "I must put aside these childish things."
          But WHY!!!! You have managed well so far, why grow up now???? Besides, if that pencil sharpener does the job there is no reason to throw it away.

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
            But WHY!!!! You have managed well so far, why grow up now???? Besides, if that pencil sharpener does the job there is no reason to throw it away.
            Ombugge, I love it!
            Ivy

Comment

SOOOORRY!!! I did not see this post earlier, which have probably added to the confusion.

Yes you are in the ballpark, the right hemisphere and all. Now is only left to pinpoint the place in that rather large area.
              Discovery passage along Vancouver island?

Comment

Discovery passage along Vancouver island?
                No, but a good start. Just keep on tracking north.

Comment

No, but a good start. Just keep on tracking north.
                  Could be a shot from the ferry on Lynn canal.....

Comment

Are we in the vicinity of Bowen island, British Columbia?
                    Ivy

Comment

Could be a shot from the ferry on Lynn canal.....
                      Sorry, I missed this post.
                      No, not at Lynn Canal.
                      You better turn around and head south again for a bit.

Comment

Are we in the vicinity of Bowen island, British Columbia?
                        Not near Bowen Island. You better head North for quite a bit longer than yvneac need to head South.

Comment

Not near Bowen Island. You better head North for quite a bit longer than yvneac need to head South.
                          If the mountains are the Kitimat Ranges it could be a shot from the BC Ferries company in the Douglas Channel.

Comment

If the mountains are the Kitimat Ranges it could be a shot from the BC Ferries company in the Douglas Channel.
                            Not the Douglas Channel. You need to get on a ferry and head North again and leave the Kitimat range well behind.
                            I don't thing that BC Ferry will get you all the way to the destination though.

Comment

[QUOTE=ombugge;87254]Not the Douglas Channel. You need to get on a ferry and head North again and leave the Kitimat range well behind.
                              I don't thing that BC Ferry will get you all the way to the destination though.[/QUOTE

If ferry does'nt go there maybe Portland Inlet at the border bitween Alaska and canada.

Comment

[QUOTE=yvneac;87276]
                                Not the Douglas Channel. You need to get on a ferry and head North again and leave the Kitimat range well behind.
                                I don't thing that BC Ferry will get you all the way to the destination though.[/QUOTE

If ferry does'nt go there maybe Portland Inlet at the border bitween Alaska and canada.
                                Maybe you have to get another frerry to continue your trip into Alaka.

Comment

Working...
                                X