Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
    One of those may have lasted longer. Well back to you Mark.
    Possibly! I was lucky - I googled terraced farming and glaciated valley, and very quickly ended up in Peru. Normally I find I've been staring at the screen for ages to not find an Ombugge puzzle, this time Google worked for me!

Beat me by half an hour, while I was busy being good and uploading my 366 photo! Grr-rr.
    Ivy - are you feeling generous today? Since we both were clearly on the same track at the same time, and I have nothing off the shelf - would you like to set our next one?
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
      Ivy - are you feeling generous today?
      No, I'm still feeling lousy actually.

Since we both were clearly on the same track at the same time, and I have nothing off the shelf - would you like to set our next one?
      Like you, I immediately Googled glacial valley and terraced farming, and found the photo I gave the URL for. However, Ombugge did not acknowledge that it was the right locality, although it so clearly is. The answer would probably have come up with the first of his two alternatives, also, no doubt a frequent sight as I came across a very similar scene during my searches. Although Machu Picchu is, of course, known world-wide I had never heard of Pisac.
      If Ombugge agrees I'll hunt for a pic. from somewhere. It won't be my own as I ran out of those long ago!
      I have two deadlines which I am struggling to meet, and have tried to keep away from this thread for a while recently, so it will be good not to have the temptation of a puzzle pic. to solve - for a very brief time, no doubt.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I thought I had confirmed it when I said
        Well I'll be de***, solved within an hour.
        Of cause it is Pisca, the town nearest to Machu Picchu, which I expected to be hard to identify. (I should have done a Google search myself before posting that one)

Comment

Try this one:

Photograph: chensiyuan
          Last edited by wherrygirl; March 22nd, 2012, 11:18. Reason: Added attribution
          Ivy

Comment

Thanks for rescuing me Ivy. Don't know where it is, but it looks rather peaceful and green!!

Should be fun to look for. Hope you're not still feeling lousy.
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
              Try this one:

Horses,lighthouse,brooms or gorses in the foreground remain me Western Ireland and some places in Devon.
              Then of course it's surely somewhere else!
              Yves

Comment

Originally posted by yvneac View Post
                Horses,lighthouse,brooms or gorses in the foreground remain me Western Ireland and some places in Devon.
                Then of course it's surely somewhere else!
                Yves
                Surely!
                Ivy

Comment

The style looks similar like some lighthouses in Australia, but i could not find the perfect match. Is it worth to continue a search there?
                  Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

No Ralf, I'm afraid not.
                    Ivy

Comment

Ivy, i have a feeling we must be on the Newfoundland coast somewhere?
                      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Steve, however did you get there??? No, it's not Newfoundland but you're in the right area and certainly the right country.
                        Ivy

Comment

Nova Scotia? Was looking at Peggy's Cove lighthouse which is a very similar shape, but too many windows.
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Ahh - or Panmure Island, in the Province of Prince Edward Island!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/photost...ke/6938934755/
                            Last edited by PoloUK; March 21st, 2012, 21:32.
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                              Steve, however did you get there??? No, it's not Newfoundland but you're in the right area and certainly the right country.
                              Looking at the photo i was wondering what the grey building type thing was that can be seen to the right of the horses. I thought it could have been an old gun emplacement. So i searched google for 'lighthouse and gun emplacement', one of the results showed a very similar lighthouse, same style and colouring, plus the tree's were all very similar to those shown in your photo. That one was in Newfoundland, and a further search of lighthouses in Newfoundland turned up lot's of similar images. I expanded the search to cover the whole of Canada, but was unable to find it before Mark got there. (never did find out what the small building was though)

Well done Mark, that was quick.
                              Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Very well done, Mark. And also kudos to Steve for spying that little grey building and using it to make your way towards the solution. Must admit I hadn't paid any particular attention to it.
                                Right, so over to Mark again.
                                Ivy

Comment

Working...
                                X