What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

So, that was far too easy and don't count??
    Then I need some time to come up with something a bit more challenging. No guarantee it wouldn't be S.E.Asia though.
    (All options are on the table, to paraphrase President Obama)

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
      Awfully quiet around here isn't it Steve!
      Well it was, i go away for one night and come back to a faster than normal flurry of activity! It's like waiting for a bus, wait for ages then 6 turn up at once!

Sounds like you have all set Mr Ombugge a challenge, god only knows what he's going to dig out for us now!
      Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Trust me, when you're reviewing a document about the Ergonomic impact and Human Factors design of Railway Control Centres, you need an occasional break!!
        While we're awaiting the next puzzle I'll design Mark a Railway Control Centre with particular reference to the Human Factors aspect, i.e. give them hard chairs to sit on to improve concentration on the task in hand so as to achieve a result in a shorter time. None of this "need a break" business.

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
        god only knows what he's going to dig out for us now!
        I dread to think, Steve. In view of Ombugge's remark "No guarantee it wouldn't be S.E.Asia though", I've a feeling that it will be the third tree from the left in a jungle, as Mark put it.
        Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
        Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
          I dread to think, Steve. In view of Ombugge's remark "No guarantee it wouldn't be S.E.Asia though", I've a feeling that it will be the third tree from the left in a jungle, as Mark put it.
          I also said; All options are on the table.
          Still thinking.

Comment

OK, try this one on for size:
            Last edited by ombugge; January 26th, 2012, 00:03.

Comment

Ombugge, you're heartless.
              Ivy

Comment

That's more like it!!! Haven't a clue!! I think that cooperation amongst the solvers is the only way we're going to get there.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I think Ombugge is out to equal is own record with this one, that being the only person to post a puzzle that none of us could solve - http://www.captainsvoyage-forum.com/...4973#post34973
                  Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

OK - well let's start with the obvious and find a continent. That's what Ombugge usually does when he works our puzzles out!

My guess is either Asia or America.

Can you comment Ombugge?

Also inclined to think that it's taken from behind a window - raindrops between lens and mountains. That suggests cable car, or I suppose train, or potentially car if there was a road in the right place. Don't think it's from a plane 'cos you can see the tops of some of the trees very, very close.
                    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

I'm thinking Pyrenees - Monte Perdido

PS. Or could be on the road near Ceret, S.E. France, looking across the Vallespir.
                      Or not!
                      Last edited by wherrygirl; January 26th, 2012, 12:23.
                      Ivy

Comment

I don't agree, Ivy. The wood looks different. So i don't believe it is Europe. The trees look like evergreen trees, maybe conifers and the shape is too round for European trees (in woods). Since we are in South America so seldom, my guess goes to Asia. And i think, the picture was taken while looking out of a (landing?) plane...
                        Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

I agree that the photo may well have been taken from a plane, especially when you consider Ombugge does like to take photos from any planes he is on. And i also agree that the shape of those trees will help to narrow down this search. The cliff face on which those trees stand looks like it may have a distinct layered formation to it, so maybe that will also help in narrowing down this one.

Comment

Ohoy, here was a lot of activity. Let's see what I can answer without giving too much away.

OK - well let's start with the obvious and find a continent. That's what Ombugge usually does when he works our puzzles out!

My guess is either Asia or America.

Can you comment Ombugge?
                            Sorry, you are trying to eliminate half the world by one easy stroke.
                            All Continents are still on the table. (except Antarctica)

Also inclined to think that it's taken from behind a window - raindrops between lens and mountains. That suggests cable car, or I suppose train, or potentially car if there was a road in the right place. Don't think it's from a plane 'cos you can see the tops of some of the trees very, very close.
                            Yes, from inside a vehicle of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
                              I'm thinking Pyrenees - Monte Perdido

PS. Or could be on the road near Ceret, S.E. France, looking across the Vallespir.
                              Or not!
                              No, not the Pyrenees. But a well known mountain chain, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve.B View Post
                                I agree that the photo may well have been taken from a plane, especially when you consider Ombugge does like to take photos from any planes he is on. And i also agree that the shape of those trees will help to narrow down this search. The cliff face on which those trees stand looks like it may have a distinct layered formation to it, so maybe that will also help in narrowing down this one.
                                No comments, except as above.

Comment

Working...
                                X