Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Wrong continent! Now that makes it really interesting. At least, I assume you include the British Isles in that? I never quite know when people speak or think of Europe whether they also include us, it depends so much on the context.
    So is it the USA?
    Not British Isles, not USA!!
    Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Gets more interesting by the minute, got rid of quite a bit of the world, now! Can also cut out the two poles, I'm sure.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

Gets more interesting by the minute, got rid of quite a bit of the world, now! Can also cut out the two poles, I'm sure.
        Indeed - can confirm that it's not Antarctica - no penguins.
        Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
          Indeed - can confirm that it's not Antarctica - no penguins.
          And no "Finnmarkinga". (Depending on how wide you define "the Poles", but if Penguins are included in the South then "Finnmarkinga" should qualify in the North)

I have just glanced at the picture and posts, so far. Based on Europe (incl. UK) and US is excluded and the picture says something Latin, (don't ask me why) I guess we are in South America?? If so, maybe Peru???

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
            And no "Finnmarkinga". (Depending on how wide you define "the Poles", but if Penguins are included in the South then "Finnmarkinga" should qualify in the North)

I have just glanced at the picture and posts, so far. Based on Europe (incl. UK) and US is excluded and the picture says something Latin, (don't ask me why) I guess we are in South America?? If so, maybe Peru???
            Let me narrow it down slightly - it's in either Africa, Asia or Australasia!!
            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PoloUK View Post
              Let me narrow it down slightly - it's in either Africa, Asia or Australasia!!
              Thank you for narrowing it down to just a small fraction of the world (say 2/3 or so, excluding oceans)

In any case, it could be this one:

The Union Building in Pretoria, South Africa.

Comment

Thank you for narrowing it down to just a small fraction of the world (say 2/3 or so, excluding oceans)
                The man's incredible - the clue was a list of three continents, and it took Ombugge an hour to find the building!! Astonishing!!

Yep - the Union Buildings in Pretoria, seat of South Africa's government. Taken during a convention of the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers, held in Jo'burg and Durban - Just in case Seagull thinks she has the monopoly on conferences in nice places!!

Back to our correspondent in Singapore then - I look forward to our next puzzle.
                Last edited by PoloUK; December 16th, 2011, 18:19.
                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Wrong continent! Now that makes it really interesting. At least, I assume you include the British Isles in that? I never quite know when people speak or think of Europe whether they also include us, it depends so much on the context.
                  So is it the USA?
                  If you leave, or gets thrown out of the EU you may as well start paddling towards the US. Most EU members think you are half way there anyway.

PS> I'll find something for you to puzzle on, once I finish the report from my last job of the year.

Comment

If you leave, or gets thrown out of the EU you may as well start paddling towards the US. Most EU members think you are half way there anyway.
                    Pity we ever turned our backs on the Commonwealth, though it was already turning its back on us anyway. (Get that in before you do! )
                    Ivy

Comment

Here is the next puzzle.

Where does this imposing figure reside:

Name of place and temple please.

Secondly; Who is he?

Comment

I know it a few days to X-mas and everybody is busy, but not even a reaction to this latest puzzle?

Maybe another picture from the same temple will help:

Comment

Combination of Christmas and heavy workload has precluded too much activity on this from the West of England branch of the 'where has Ombugge been' society!!

The cars are Protons, I believe with Malaysian plates - so that may be a clue.

The big fella looks a lot like an ex-boss of mine, but he wasn't golden!!

Look forward to a few days of virtual travelling with Google Earth - and the usual travelling companions I hope.

To be honest I was struggling with the concept of Oslo from 40,000 feet followed shortly afterwards by views of Vigra - then I twigged that perhaps you flew via somewhere else before getting to Norway. If I only had a brain.
                          Last edited by PoloUK; December 23rd, 2011, 18:27.
                          Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Well, is the god the Lord Vishnu?
                            Ivy

Comment

This is a Louhan statue of the guard at Kek Lok Si Buddhist temple, George Town, Penang. See http://www.mir.com.my/leofoo/Thai-am..._Si_luohan.htm

PS see an interesting site about the temple at http://www.penang-vacations.com/kek-lok-si.html
                              Last edited by wherrygirl; December 23rd, 2011, 19:57.
                              Ivy

Comment

This is a Louhan statue of the guard at Kek Lok Si Buddhist temple, George Town, Penang. See http://www.mir.com.my/leofoo/Thai-am..._Si_luohan.htm
                                Well done Ivy!! I look forward to the next Wherrygirl special 'Where is this' photo!
                                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X