Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Well, it was a long shot that paid off. It was either in Ombugge's neck of the woods or the Amazon jungle! I didn't think that Ombugge would choose it, but knowing that he was on his way or actually in Brunei Darussalam I thought - give it a try. So I just Googled the place, looked through some of the photos in the results and the hotel building was hidden amongst them. I couldn't believe my luck, because failing that I hadn't a clue.
    I posted a number of pictures from this hotel in the "This is Brunei Darussalam"-thread a few months ago.
    Among them was this one:

The central building is quite prominent in the puzzle picture as well.

Right, now my puzzle is to find the next one, my recent efforts have been too easy. What say I take a trip to Lowestoft and produce a blow-up of a grain of sand?
    In that case the answer would be simple; a grain of sand on a beach in Lowestoft.
    Now that we know, that is

Comment

In that case the answer would be simple; a grain of sand on a beach in Lowestoft.
      Oh, Ombugge...... groan, groan.....

Trouble is, you dart about so much that I don't keep up with your travels! Otherwise I would have recognised the main hotel building immediately. It was that which enabled me to ID your puzzle picture as it is quite a distinctive erection, isn't it?

Now I hope this next one will not be too tricky. If it proves impossible, I'll do penance and find a better one. On the other hand, one of you may quite likely solve it at a stroke.

Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

On the other hand, one of you may quite likely solve it at a stroke.
        opps, a quick search of google using these words "Best roman villa floor mosaics", led me to this - http://www.planetware.com/picture/ra...um-m-mosfl.htm. Which in turn led me to here. http://www.mydestination.com/malta/s...---roman-villa
        Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Steve, you're incredible.
          I have to laugh at myself now, for I worried about this one for quite a while before posting it as there seemed to be little to distinguish it from the countless thousands of mosaics there must be throughout the world and no real clue as to which one or where it may be.
          All yours now.
          Ivy

Comment

You should have tried that grain of sand in Lowestoft, but qualified it to WHICH grain of sand.

Comment

I'll keep it in reserve, Ombugge. Fifth grain along from the third breakwater by the water edge at 2.19a.m.
              That'll fox everyone.
              Ivy

Comment

I'll keep it in reserve, Ombugge. Fifth grain along from the third breakwater by the water edge at 2.19a.m.
                That'll fox everyone.
                That would have been a difficult one, even for Steve!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ombugge View Post
                  That would have been a difficult one, even for Steve!!!!
                  I will tell you what is a 'difficult' one for Steve, trying to find something i can use from the internet that the google machine does not already know about! That takes me longer than solving a puzzle these days. Pesky google gets everywhere.

Well, now after an hour or two of searching, this is what i have come up with.

Which place is this?

Photo from Kaptain Kobold's Flickr photostream.
                  Last edited by Steve.B; November 15th, 2011, 14:25. Reason: Adding photo credits
                  Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Ah-ha, methinks this is a model village/town. Or else that's an awfully large fish in there.
                    Ivy

Comment

Ah-ha, methinks this is a model village/town. Or else that's an awfully large fish in there.
                      Nooo, it's a Whale!

Comment

I knew it - a recently discovered species of Whalus orangicus, seen cruising off the Isle of Wight coast.
                        Ivy

Comment

I knew it - a recently discovered species of Whalus orangicus, seen cruising off the Isle of Wight coast.
                          Indeed, that's the one! But i am not sure if it's been spotted off the Isle of Wight.

Comment

I think it may be rather close to a large motorway between a capital city and a place with a famous University!
                            Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Should have said - dangerous place to be according to a fictional detective series - it 'moved' to Midsomer not so long ago - but that's not a long way for it to go.
                              Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Oh - and that whale - think it's splashyng about in there.
                                Last edited by PoloUK; November 15th, 2011, 13:28.
                                Cheers,

Mark.

www.pologlover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X