What place is this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What place is this?

So far, so good... he is German and he is from Stuttgart, but it is not Hans...
    Lofoten '07 ...... Nordnorge '11

Comment

Croatia, somewhere near Dubrovnik??

Comment

Ha... i expected that... naaah, it is no picture from our Croatian sailing trip.

Comment

Somewhere on Lake Constance?
          Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Maybe somewhere just to the left of where this photo was taken?

Your charts, your radar, your eyes and ears - if all 4 agree, you may proceed with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
              So far, so good... he is German and he is from Stuttgart, but it is not Hans...
              I did think Hans was too old a name for him could it possibly be JAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i had a look at German names and this one stood out, if not (dunno)

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

Steve, you are on the right track. Of course the Lake of Constance is correct and as far as i can see it from the small picture, you even found the shown corner of the lake. So, guess a name of a town, mountain or river?

Comment

city;bergenz ,mountain;the alps and river;the rheine
                  best regards Thijs

Comment

You are right, Thijs. We see the Austrian corner of the Lake, with Bregenz, Rhine and the mountain Pfänder.
                    We went there last weekend since relatives have a sailing boat there. Unfortunately, we had the same "luck" like in Croatia, wonderful, warm weather, but no wind.
                    So we took a bath in the middle of the lake and pulled the children a bit around on a plank out of the boats cabin ...

So Kiki, that is my son on the picture and he is named with the beautiful Irish name Patrick.

Over to you, Thijs!

Comment

I thought it was a family member, now if i had know it was an Irish name , Patrick would have been first choice, never mind i tried

past cruises 2000 ncl crown odessey mediterranean 2006 ncl marco polo baltic 2007 ncl marco polo mediterranean... june 2010 pacific princess, mediterranean . may 2011 island princess alaska . june 2015 NCL Star Norwegian Fjords

Comment

an old image (but i made it this afternoon) of a city at a river.
                        now which city,which river and which country,is this i think 30 years old image taken.
                        i painted some things,other wise it would to easy

best regards Thijs

Comment

Are we in the Limburg area,Thijs?
                          Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                          Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

no,not even close at limburg
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Aaaahh, there is someone else working on that one, too. I was searching in the Rhine Valley and did not find a town with that particular train track. Also not the church tower. Now i am looking up the Mosel, but no luck up to now.

But it should be Germany, we have an Opel Rekord C Coupé there and a Mercedes/8. The number plates are white, the traffic sign is a German one. In my opinion the picture is about 40 years old. Will be difficult, maybe the train track is no more existing and so on and son on...

This is interesting, well done, Thijs!!

Comment

Well Ralf,as a bonus

you can go downstream the mosel again,it issen't the mosel.
                                your first ges was the right one,it's the rhine.

but i looked at google earth,the railtrack is stil there,but the ferry is replaced by a new one.

two out of three ain't bad (meat loaf) (nothing to do with the puzzle)
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X