No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model vehicle collectors out there?

best regards Thijs

Comment

They're very detailed underneath, aren't they, Thijs? There's no danger of my becoming a collector, but I'm very impressed.
      Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
      Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

there is not much fun anymore to collect them Ivy.
        75.30E a piece,and i bought 3,so do your math.

i just bought them because i have al those of his father too,which are made.
        that i bought the Hans stacey truck is i don't like Gerard's truck,it don't look like a truck ,but more of a unimog truck/tractor.
        Hans his truck look lika a truck

but it's nice to be a collector,but the surch/hunt for a model is nicer than when you have them,i put them in a showcase and thats it.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

went today to a modelcarfair again.

pick up the decals so i can finish other models

and some stuff to make a model and some parts

best regards Thijs

Comment

Just make sure you show the completed models so that I can see how you've used the parts in the last photo. I don't know what the oojamaflips in the foreground or those two not in plastic are for. Come to that, I don't know what the pink doodahs are, either.
                    Ivy

Comment

uhhhhhhhhh??????????

of the truck,i use that one,the one on top i saw every thing away,just needed the bords,so bottom with shassis and wheels i trow away.
                      it's gonna be (intend) to be a truck og my uncle (how let me drive at farmers ground and at the sugarbeet plant,on my holidays i go with him,just for those few meters of driving.
                      i got already a same model of the truck,of wich i only needed the the bords also,what i do with the truck,don't know,don't care at this moment.

from al the parts u see i nothing use forthat model.

it are 2 exhaust (left)
                      the 2 other iron parts are backlights for at a tractor the socalled ''danish bumper''
                      the lowest 2 bags are ''kangoroo wildracks'' with 4 lights on it
                      the single bag (which i needed 2 of) are a roof lightbar with 4 lights and 2 beacons (what the translationsite says) but i have those orange lights at the merc too
                      the 4 bags are spoilers at the corner of a volvo truck,i have made them by myself,but there is now someone who made them from metal.
                      that are those with the numbre '' 1 '' on it.

and no ,those are noy just for ''pimping'' they have a task ,thatswhy you see them on 999 of 1000 trucks

btw the pink doodahs are just the pricetags on the back side.
                      Last edited by janihudi; October 20th, 2012, 16:59.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

of the truck,i use that one,the one on top i saw every thing away,just needed the bords,so bottom with shassis and wheels i trow away.
                        But you can't throw away a perfectly good set of chassis and wheels, man! They'll come in useful some time. (he's got money to throw away......)
                        You mentioning spoilers made me think of the big wind deflectors on top of a truck cab, at the front. A few years ago nearly every new truck had one but I don't recall seeing them much for a long time now. Were they not worth the hassle?
                        Ivy

Comment

those trailers are enough to get everywhere,if i don't do it like that,then i have to make a complete set of loadingboards.
                          there are builders who do it,but i'm not one of them.
                          almost every truck still have them,but while the cab is growing in height while the trailers keeping the same height, the spoilers are getting smaller.
                          but you got spoiers on the roof,the corners,below the bumper,even under a trailer,and the back at the trailer.
                          those at the corner are specialy for the wind speeding up so that the dirty water not splash to the side window and cabside.
                          the side still get dirty,but not as much as without those spoilers
                          best regards Thijs

Comment

after grinding for a while i got one bord ''ready''

the one on the truck is fixed with latch nails i havn't drill it loose,i just make a try for getting the bottum out of it.

but this give the idea what i's gonna look like
                            best regards Thijs

Comment

Well, I know what a latch nail is now! Be nice to see a re-creation of your uncle's truck. Will you paint it as his was?
                              Ivy

Comment

yes,i wil try to build it as the original as posseble
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X