• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Clipper View Post
    Ivy,
    I understand "Norvic" to be the adjective derived from "Norfolk". If you Google "Norvic", you'll find things like the Norvic Clinic, and Norvic Fencing.
    Yes, but oh, Clipper! You have committed a fearful error in the association. I live in Suffolk, and I'm not sure that I should ever forgive you. It just won't do.

The Corgi models are the ones discussed at #403 et seq. I need paint stripper, primer, various colours, brushes and some sort of painting booth. For me the job is not trivial. I'm not sure it will ever get done.
    Yes, sorry, I should have looked back. But looking again at the pictures you posted, and at the one of the set you found on the net, it would be so worth doing. And as Thijs said, they are from your childhood, so precious.

Your tea-room sounds cool. Next time I'm over your way ...
    OK, you're on. And you can choose the table with the cup you like best!

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    replied
    Ivy,

I understand "Norvic" to be the adjective derived from "Norfolk". If you Google "Norvic", you'll find things like the Norvic Clinic, and Norvic Fencing.

The Corgi models are the ones discussed at #403 et seq. I need paint stripper, primer, various colours, brushes and some sort of painting booth. For me the job is not trivial. I'm not sure it will ever get done.

Your tea-room sounds cool. Next time I'm over your way ...

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Hallo Clipper, what sort of work needs doing on your Corgi models? Does it mean having to locate various parts to replace broken ones, or would you need to actually make them yourself? When you say materials, are you speaking of tools, etc.? They can be expensive, but you may be able to improvise and find odd things around the house that may be useful. Paints can cost a lot, as I expect you'd have to have special ones, wouldn't you? But it would be good if you could manage one or two Corgi's.

The Dutch department hasn't done anything for ages, apart from arguing with his decal maker. I asked a question about the problem two whole days ago, but he hasn't answered.

I had a look at that service. It is quite pretty, but I like the cups best because they have the pattern inside as well as on the exterior. However, at £80 incl. pp. I don't think I'll be tempted. I have a tea service but all the rest of my china is made up of a hotpotch of my mother's and bits and pieces I have acquired over the years. There is a very attractive tea-shop in the town which opened last year in what was originally the Midland Bank. They have done nothing to the structure of the building except remove the counter, but have redecorated it beautifully, and the old bank manager's office is available for private parties! It is in a prime spot, bang in the market place and proving popular, but it has one striking thing about it. When you enter for the first time it all looks very chintzy, carefully laid tables covered with double cloths, but then you gradually realise that not one piece of the china matches. Pretty dainty little teacups, saucers and plates, but each is of a different pattern. You'd have a hard time trying to find two chairs the same, too. I love it! So the inside of my cupboards are rather like that, every piece different apart from the tea and supper plates!

So the Norvic bit makes you think of me, does it? I'm not sure how to account for that!?
    And the Wherry chart does very well, Clipper. If anyone calls I launch into the history of the wherry and the story of how the chart came to be on the stair door. It looks good and I'm very happy with it.
    I'm horribly OT, I know, but never mind........ just this once!

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    replied
    Hi all, I've not been here for a while and am pleased to see that the (Dutch) model scene is still very much alive.

Sorry to report zero progress on my Corgi models restoration. Trouble is the work is outside my experience and I would need to make a big investment in materials just to get started.

Hey Ivy, are you aware of the 1970s Crown Ducal design named "Norvic Citrus"? I keep an Ebay watch on it with a view to making up fruit bowl numbers at my mother's place. Anyway, the "Norvic" bit always makes me think of you. If you're in the market for a really nice dinner/tea service, there's one on Ebay right now - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231471140503. I wish needed it - the price is very attractive.

I hope that Wherry poster is looking good.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Hey Thijs, those dioramas were beautifully done. That is something that you could create with some of your trucks, they would be great. What about it? Or are you into pistebullies now?!
    What's the problem with the decal maker?

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Now, that Elgin Park is a pretty awesome project.

Read about it on a webpage recently, and was amazed!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    it's not gooing hard,had a argue with my decal maker ,had some samples for the manure truck for decals.
    saterday there is a fair again,hoping that the man with the pistebullies is there,and argeuing further probally with the decal maker.

but how about this for a diorama

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24796741@N05/

or type ''Elgin park'' on you tube

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Nothing happening in the model truck department. He's slacking AGAIN.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    bearly i suspose

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    (i want to do a lot those 3 weeks of holliday ,that i have now,yes you're all stock with me the next 3 weeks)
    Well, we've survived it!

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Ah, I couldn't see what the blue bit was.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    if i'll do that,i have to cut away the NL part,and by that the licence plate issn't complete anymore

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    i wanted to do lots more,than what i have done.
    And so you would if it had not been for your foot, which confined you to easy sitting-down jobs. But you can be very proud of what you have achieved.
    What are the decals made of? Is it not possible to shorten them, Thijs? If it is only 3mm. there seems to be space to take a little off each end without touching the indented part.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    i wanted to finish the trailer back sides,but couldend find the decals,and what i found was to big.3mm to long

painted the closures of the containers

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    i wanted to do lots more,than what i have done.
Working...
X