X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Thijs, thank you for your kind reply.

Interesting to note that there is a "Photo Contest 2015" on the PistenBully web site

http://www.pistenbully.com/usa/en/pi...test-2015.html

Maybe the competition could be won with a nice diorama of a disassembled PistenBully on a low loader.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    could be so Ombugge,and as maybe the best known one, every other brand piste vehicle is called now pistenbully .
    the factory is Kassbohrer ,they also make trailers ,chassis (for containertransport and busses,not in Laupheim though

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Isn't these things call "traakkemaskiner" in Norwegian. PistenBully appears to be a brand name: http://www.pistenbully.com/en.html

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    nonononono Clipper nothing wrong.
    i didn't even feel something as to be criticize.
    you was given an explanation of how they are called in English.
    i thought that it was pistenbully all over the world.and after you mentioned piste bashers ,i looked if the translationsite knows the icelandic name,
    but translationsite didn't know icelandic
    so no sorry needed

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Thijs, I'm sorry - my intention was not to criticize. I enjoyed learning the word "pistenbullies" from your posts. From now on, I will use it in everyday conversation as often as possible :-)

• janihudi
    replied
    you only can get smarter by asking things

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    That was an excellent demonstration, Thijs. Thanks very much indeed.
    I will try not to keep asking about things, I am a pest, I know. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the hydrolic cilinders are here 4 platic tubes with iron pins.but they can keep the bed up.

but this is a toy,nice for starting a collection for boys,good looking models ,low price ,low enough to play with.
    our boys here started with this kind of models too.they stickerd there names on them painted the lights and wheels and it looks already better.
    the wheels on the neck are spare wheels,but here for decoration.

you see,no painted rear lights.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    drive the machine on the trailer bed,

top up the ramps and connect the neck again in the reverse way.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    when elctric wires and hydrolic hoses are diconnect and the pen is out,the truck drives away.

and lowerd the ramps. (don't know if this is done before disconecting,the lighter can be done by hand,the heavier ones probally by hydrolic)

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    weekend came early.

a truck arrive anywere where is a load with the bed in driving position.

to disconnect the neck, lower the bed hydrolic, disconnect the wires and hydrolic hoses

the bed is now on the floor

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry Ivy, I got my Norfolk and Suffolk muddled. It's all very confusing for someone from Berkshire and for some daft reason I thought you were in Norfolk.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Mercs. You said everything was on it now, so I was looking forward to seeing the finished models.
    Your manure tank was at #365 but looking at it again just now it started Dec.'13, at #308 and showed how you were having problems with the right yellow for the tank. Looking at the December ones I saw the colours for the decals.
    No, the edit was about the coc.ky bit - you had filled in the whole word as I've just written it. I enjoyed that tale of your trip to Ulm, with the map, it just shows the sort of things that can happen in your job plus it was a coincidence that you passed Stuttgart, unaware that through a forum, one day you'd get to know someone living there .

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    yes but i loaded it in Germany,and they only speak about pistenbully.
    the one i loaded (the parts) went to Iceland,so don't know how it's called there. (translationsite don't know Icelandic)

• janihudi
    replied

Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    So when do we see the complete Mercs.?
    Photo-call, please, when they are ready.
    within years,i think.

Err-rr-rr.... I shall get it in the neck now, for daring to ask, but:
    a) in #461.1 and #462.2, that pair of raised wheels behind the cab, are they for extending the flatbed? And how is "cargo" like that loaded, anyway, by crane or by ramp up the back. I know you showed me about low loaders a long time ago, and I think that the base level remained at that level when ready to drive. I remember that I was questioning the clearance above road surface, and you assured me that it came within the specified level.
    will come back with this in the weekend

b) is that the manure truck you were working on at the beginning of last year? I looked back to find it.
    could be,don't know when i ''speeded'' up with it

c) will the new decals for it be of the colours in the samples?
    no ,will be red,other wise i would ran out of red ink in the printer

If he beats me up, Adrian, rescue me quickly, won't you?
    euhh?

By the way, I see you have done a crafty little edit in #465. Yeah, yeah......
    yeah,otherwise we keep asking from what and where,so better tell the whole story.
    but was with the DAF,so didn't fit in the HC thread.hahahaha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X