Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    replied
    today i was at the DAF fair,a lot of stuff , brochures , images , gifts and also models of the DAF cars and DAF trucks.
    not complete cars or trucks or parts .
    and offcorse i (and Wesley )came home with a model. (the same model)

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    this are very simple chassis,and this is all,just the back bumper issn't there yet.

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Wow, those trailer chassis are impressive. Such a pity that much of the detail becomes hidden in a finished trailer.

• janihudi
    replied
    the past weekend done some things like building the trailerchassis, spraypaint them and paint some parts and wheels of them.

sprayed the trailer hauls and sheets in the primer and the hauls white.
    but if i don't do much with building, dust will be more and more at the attic.

i could spray teh green Mercedes cab in the varnish,but am afraid for the dust,so didn't do it yet.
    thats goos,while i was spray the trailer hauls white,dust was there,and the ventilator was blowing al the time to the outside and the kitchen hood was sucking air and dust al the time.
    so have some sanding to do .again

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    o boy,now you have gave me an idea.
    but will probally for the contest in 2018 or 2019,
    with my building speed

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Thijs, thank you for your kind reply.

Interesting to note that there is a "Photo Contest 2015" on the PistenBully web site

http://www.pistenbully.com/usa/en/pi...test-2015.html

Maybe the competition could be won with a nice diorama of a disassembled PistenBully on a low loader.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    could be so Ombugge,and as maybe the best known one, every other brand piste vehicle is called now pistenbully .
    the factory is Kassbohrer ,they also make trailers ,chassis (for containertransport and busses,not in Laupheim though

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Isn't these things call "traakkemaskiner" in Norwegian. PistenBully appears to be a brand name: http://www.pistenbully.com/en.html

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    nonononono Clipper nothing wrong.
    i didn't even feel something as to be criticize.
    you was given an explanation of how they are called in English.
    i thought that it was pistenbully all over the world.and after you mentioned piste bashers ,i looked if the translationsite knows the icelandic name,
    but translationsite didn't know icelandic
    so no sorry needed

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Thijs, I'm sorry - my intention was not to criticize. I enjoyed learning the word "pistenbullies" from your posts. From now on, I will use it in everyday conversation as often as possible :-)

• janihudi
    replied
    you only can get smarter by asking things

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    That was an excellent demonstration, Thijs. Thanks very much indeed.
    I will try not to keep asking about things, I am a pest, I know. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the hydrolic cilinders are here 4 platic tubes with iron pins.but they can keep the bed up.

but this is a toy,nice for starting a collection for boys,good looking models ,low price ,low enough to play with.
    our boys here started with this kind of models too.they stickerd there names on them painted the lights and wheels and it looks already better.
    the wheels on the neck are spare wheels,but here for decoration.

you see,no painted rear lights.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    drive the machine on the trailer bed,

top up the ramps and connect the neck again in the reverse way.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    when elctric wires and hydrolic hoses are diconnect and the pen is out,the truck drives away.

and lowerd the ramps. (don't know if this is done before disconecting,the lighter can be done by hand,the heavier ones probally by hydrolic)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X