Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    replied
    not that i'm much into it,but i had to start somewhere. (though there are enough models i have to finish)
    it's a model for myself and a simple one.
    i bought 2 trucks with the same tanktrailer ,the best lloking trailer i keep it like it is,the other one i use for the model i want.
    the truck ,i have nothing for at the moment goes to the pile of leftovers

i will be a fantasiemodel, never build by the factory, and i wanted to use that black chassis in the background for the tandemaxles, but they have airsupension, which wassn't there yet that time.

removed the rims, there will be nicer ones replaced (better looking).
    also the landinglegs will be replaced, don't know what to do with the kingpin.
    in the paintremover, just like the paint, there used to better stuff in the past ,damn envirements rules.

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Tommi. Yes he admits at 14:20 that the wiring is a mess and that he needs to improve his skills in future models. Maybe he could do something more like a car's wiring loom?

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting to watch, but he would really need to put some more attention to the cable and soldering work :-)

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    for a non aviation type of guy, i like it how its done with al the lights and rotating props.
    he made a beautiful model and coloring al the pits and pieces.
    even al those parts which you'le never wil see anymore.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Yes i knew it was used for a tv show, but i thought it was for the A-team. It was the part for shure that the truck went over the ridge into the valley.
    I reconise that part because of when the truck went over the ridge, the drivers door was open, also as in that tb show. Further i can't remember me anything out of the tv show.

• Clipper
    replied
    For model makers, https://youtu.be/HO_0f8tcBuI (25 minutes).

Probably belongs in the Aviation forum but this is an active thread where the link is more likely to be seen.

There are many more YouTube videos about model making but I particularly like this one, mainly because of the lights and motors.

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    The Duel was originally a short story by Richard Matheson, then Steven Spielberg's 74 minute TV movie, then a 90 minute full cinema movie, for which extra scenes were shot. Later, the same story-line and some of the footage were used in an episode of TV series The Hulk.

In the UK, the movie version and the Hulk version were aired by the same TV channel within one month of each other, causing lots of consternation and complaints. People felt very cheated. The TV company, in turn, complained to the agents etc from whom they had bought the licences. Last I heard, they never got any money back.

It's not my favourite movie. Although Spielberg thought Denis Weaver was perfect for the part, by the time The Duel was shown in the UK, Weaver was well known as McCleod. He was not a great character actor, therefore seemed to be exactly the same person but with a different name. It didn't seem right.

All things considered, The Duel was a bad movie experience for the British audience.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    had you tryed other manufactorys?
    minichamps, kyosho, burago, etcetcetc

• pakarang
    replied
    Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    i suspose you have youtube
    Got to see it yesterday - FINALLY!

Great movie from a time when they made great movies. Recommended to others as well, if you are a fan of older, great movies.

PS: Ordered myself a die-cast toy-car today, from Welly ( http://www.wellydiecast.com/index.php ): the Jaguar XJ (since they don't make the XJL version)... just like mine, scale 1:24.

http://www.wellydiecast.com/product....search#pid=816

From China by e-bay, due to arrive some time after December 18th.
    Last edited by pakarang; December 2nd, 2018, 19:11. Reason: Added a PS-note.

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    Excellent janihudi.... thanks for the film-link, will watch this film really soon!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    i suspose you have youtube

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    replied
    OH, I really got to see this film, DUEL, right now...

It's not on APPLE TV here in Norway, I may have to search another medium.

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Fascinating!

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Waaaaaah! What a nightmare Thijs. You have my sympathy.

My Saxo needs some attention right now but nothing as serious as you describe. Maybe a new head gasket, hopefully nothing worse.

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    I remember Duel. It starred Dennis Weaver aka "McCleod".
Working...
X