• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    spot on.
    nothing will be trown away here.
    remember some years back that parts where missed?
    so also those leftovers go in a box,just for ……, well for anything i can use them for

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, thanks. I saw that bit but disregarded it as a useless left-over fragment of something else!
    "Useless?" mutters Thijs to himself - nothing here in my attic is useless!

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    what, not even 1 snapshot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• janihudi
    replied
    still loose parts ,but this is what i have to look like

the two chassis parts glued together,let them dry for the night

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the chassis are cut in two's and with there cabs they belongs

the old daf torpedo changed from a 2 axle truck to a three axle truck
    the newer old daf torpedo stays a three axle truck but with newer type chassis, with air suspension.
    that black chassis will cut in two also and glued to the cab section. it will be cut just before the tandemaxle.
    at least that was the plan ,but i got also that red chassis, it's just a chassis (you can see it in 644-2) and the tandemaxleset with airsuspension.
    in that case i can keep the black chassis intact. so will see by that time

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    all of the paint is removed at the trailer

time to saw some chaissis in half

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    which is this chassis

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply

• pakarang
    replied
    My Jaguar XJ from China arrived today - a die cast model from WELLY.... will share some photos or some video soon (I just need some time off any of my jobs first).

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    and i wanted to use that black chassis in the background
    What black chassis in the background????? I can see a black something in the second photo, it looks as if it is standing on end.
    Yahoo! I'm standing by to watch progress on the fantasy model. A janihudi special.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    not that i'm much into it,but i had to start somewhere. (though there are enough models i have to finish)
    it's a model for myself and a simple one.
    i bought 2 trucks with the same tanktrailer ,the best lloking trailer i keep it like it is,the other one i use for the model i want.
    the truck ,i have nothing for at the moment goes to the pile of leftovers

i will be a fantasiemodel, never build by the factory, and i wanted to use that black chassis in the background for the tandemaxles, but they have airsupension, which wassn't there yet that time.

removed the rims, there will be nicer ones replaced (better looking).
    also the landinglegs will be replaced, don't know what to do with the kingpin.
    in the paintremover, just like the paint, there used to better stuff in the past ,damn envirements rules.

Leave a comment:

• Clipper
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Tommi. Yes he admits at 14:20 that the wiring is a mess and that he needs to improve his skills in future models. Maybe he could do something more like a car's wiring loom?

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting to watch, but he would really need to put some more attention to the cable and soldering work :-)

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    for a non aviation type of guy, i like it how its done with al the lights and rotating props.
    he made a beautiful model and coloring al the pits and pieces.
    even al those parts which you'le never wil see anymore.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Yes i knew it was used for a tv show, but i thought it was for the A-team. It was the part for shure that the truck went over the ridge into the valley.
    I reconise that part because of when the truck went over the ridge, the drivers door was open, also as in that tb show. Further i can't remember me anything out of the tv show.
Working...
X