No announcement yet.

Any model vehicle collectors out there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model vehicle collectors out there?

i have the video,
    i have the dvd,
    i have the duck, (thanks Dane)
    and now i have the mack model.

not the same scale as i have normal 1:50,but a 1:55, the siku model brand.
    not build by me.
    not the best model i have,but it wil be probally not closer than this for me.
    unfortuny also damaged during postalservice.

best regards Thijs

Comment

best regards Thijs

Comment

I remember that movie, seen that for many times. A nice little model.

Comment

it's stays a great movie Tommi,seen it also many times.

last week i picked up the box with the missing volvo cab,
          and the 5 containers with there chassis,also 10 hadley airhorns.

what i need for a complete chassis,what is not much.

1= container
          2= chassis
          3= splash screens
          4= rims (drum brakes)
          5= rims (disc brakes) (but don't need those,i just take those because i wasn't shure about the rims for the volvo model,but i need the same as at 4)
          6= tyres
          7= kingpin (which connect the chassis to the tractor,in the 5th wheel)
          8= axles
          9= axle holders
          10= landinglegs what is 1 frame and the 2 legs that can be turned up or down.

so as simple as a model can be.
          best regards Thijs

Comment

the red dots is where the axle holders are gluied in
            the bleu lines= where the spare rim holder is.(left chassis)
            if you turn the chassis on the wheels,the spare is at the road side,so not safe.
            i break the little pin off,drill a new hole (the middle chassis)
            and place it on the right side.safe side.(right chassis)

the yellow lines are the 2 landinglegs,placed in the frame.
            original on the model you turn them to the inside so it can stands on it's own,in real it can't.
            so cut those 2 bulbs on each leg away and gleued them in the frame.
            (we are grown ups,we don't play with those models

the pink circle ,here are the holes where you can fit the kingpin,depents on what truck is in front.

and so will it look with the spare rim on place.

you can ''dress'' the chassis up with boxes,mud flaps and bicycle protection
            Last edited by janihudi; December 25th, 2012, 20:14.
            best regards Thijs

Comment

ready to paint.

3x in green and 2xin bleu

Last edited by janihudi; December 25th, 2012, 20:08. Reason: image turning
              best regards Thijs

Comment

[QUOTE=janihudi;100857so as simple as a model can be.[/QUOTE]
                Hardly worth bothering about, really
                I had to have a new kingpin on my first car, my Morris Minor 1000. It was only 3 years old, so I wouldn't have thought it had "gone".
                Ivy

"To thine own self be true.......
                Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Comment

I just have to throw in this:

Comment

Great stuff ..........
                    Ivy

Comment

did you know Tommi,that ''black widow's '' truck that tipted over not was ment to be.
                      this was really hapend dooing the filmshots,that they rewrite that part of the movie,so that it fitted wel in the story.

and where can i found that ''kingpin'' Ivy?
                      Last edited by janihudi; December 25th, 2012, 19:43.
                      best regards Thijs

Comment

in the meantime the truck chassis are all spraypainted grey (1 shade not 50)
                        but the camera battery was flat the last image so the camera didn't save that one,
                        which i found out later.
                        but the first chassis have get there wheels.
                        also mounted the battery lids on the merc's.
                        at the backside of the chassis,just behind the last axle.

and at the 2 volvo's placed chrome wheels at the back and at the front super single wheels with tyres. (not chrome)

best regards Thijs

Comment

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
                          and where can i found that ''kingpin'' Ivy?
                          I know you're probably just trying me out, but I'm not stoooooo-oopid, not all the time, anyway! . I know it's a part of the steering, a link between the wheel and the suspension, somewhere. My memory being what it is I'll have to have a look on the web, but at the time - not knowing the first thing about cars - I wanted to know exactly what it was as a friend of mine who owned a garage was inspecting the Morris for me before I bought it.
                          Ah, search for Morris Minor kingpin, click on the images and the first is the kingpin with some exploded diagams down the left side.
                          Hey, scroll down to the 10th line, and there's a Morris with almost the same reg. no., mine was EVF 693C.
                          Ivy

Comment

if you turn the chassis on the wheels,the spare is at the road side,so not safe.
                            i break the little pin off,drill a new hole (the middle chassis)
                            and place it on the right side.safe side.(right chassis)
                            Thijs, why is it not safe to have the spare rim on the road side? If it is a case of it protruding when the truck turns then it will do so whichever side you place it, depending on whether it's a left or right turn. But I'm sure it wouldn't protrude, anyway. I can't think of a better reason for it being dangerous. Coming adrift and hurtling across the road, endangering other traffic? (Better to knock a few pedestrians down, I suppose.)
                            Ivy

Comment

safer for the truck drivers there self.
                              they have to unscrew the nuts. (a5s and legs on the road)
                              they have to turn the wheel down.(a5s and legs on the road)
                              they have to pull the wheel out his beholder.(a5s and legs on the road)
                              they have to pull the wheel away from under the truck.(a5s and legs on the road)
                              they have to roll the wheel along the truck.(the complete person,which can be a corpse in a second on the road)
                              i don't know if Ralf could remeber this,it was many years ago,i was driving as a international driver,so we speak her between 85 and 91.
                              west of Stuttgart near the city Leonberg, is a tunnel in highway 81 (wich a few years back, i found out that they have build a new tunnel lower in the mountain) and a dutch truck got a flat tyre at the road side,while repairing it he got scooped up by another truck.(from a dutch driver into a dutch corpse in a second),
                              and germans escape strips?? are wider than dutch ones
                              and those 5 point5 in reverse after the wheel is changed.
                              but al those points are peanuts if the flat tyre IS at the road side.

nowadays if you have a flat tyre, they close the drivinglane,next to the truck,traffic jams in advence while 2 lanes have to go on 1.
                              but i have the luck that in my driving career i almost never had a spare wheel.
                              so i always had to call a tyre farmer.
                              yes i know tyres dont grow in the soil,but we call them farmer,tyre farmer,trailer farmer,oil farmer,etcetcetc, its just a nickname for those, ........ (just fill in) companies.

so the spare on the right side of the truck ,for a safer workingplace .

for pedestrians and cyclists there are mounted a cyclists under row security (if you now the term),which i needed (but wasn't there in that time,now it is a mandatory)
                              in the 80's when on a right turn a girl drove to my truck fall down,and all the 3 wheels of the trailer run over her.
                              through that dead spot there is a mandatory for ''bycicle catchers'' under the truck or trailer and 3 extra mirrors,but through a wider angle of the mirror glas 2 extra now.

so remember what i said when you was here,always try to make eyecontact with the driver,and never drive close behind and in the middle of a truck,if you can't see the driver in his mirror ,he can't see you.

LET THIS BE A LESSON TO YOU ALL,AND TELL YOUR CILDREN THIS

every place what is red, is the dead spot ,so if you are in there, we can't see you.

https://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&g...Baio0AXWjICgDQ

for yaers now there is traffic week at school to learn them to stay away from trucks.
                              1 or 2 trucks go to a school and show them what a driver sees.
                              1 of those lessons were ''dumbs up'' if the kids see the driver in his mirror,and they see that the driver sees them the kids and drivers put there ''dumbs up'' as seen you,and he knows now that there are cildren near his truck.
                              the drawing on the first line of google (here above ) shows that
                              Last edited by janihudi; December 28th, 2012, 19:17.
                              best regards Thijs

Comment

didn't do much past days,christmas and althought i have a diner table for building i just had a few cube centimeters,the complete tables was full with with with,with a lot of stuff that i didn't need.
                                so cleaned it up yesterday,it's still a junkyard,but i got some place again,and i still have to place some ''stuff''

you see storage everywhere.
                                best regards Thijs

Comment

Working...
                                X