X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    replied
    the club of 4
    the 2 at the left are my old trucks, the 2 at the right is for a collegue that wanted one, made also 1 for myself

there finished till the cab and decals

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    Originally posted by wherrygirl View Post
    Good heavens, you've been doing quite a bit of catching up on older models-in-the-making, Thijs. Great!
    Thanks

#664.1 Is that gubbins in the middle the refrigeration unit?
    what is gubbins?

Which is the diesel tank - is it that bit behind the landing legs? But it looks so small, though perhaps it is just to supply the fridge?
    yes thats the one, looks smaal, but can filled with about 200liter, and only for the fridge engine, a small one, even much smaller than thats is in your car

#665/1 Have you got the decals for that one? And the wheels don't match yet - I assume that they are still to be painted - hope the old paint you have is still OK, otherwise there wil be
    more expense. Is that more refrigeration gubbins at the rear end?

no ,no decals yet ,not for them all.. those are the correct wheeels, painted as it was, and still don't know what gubbins is

These unfinished models are something different, it's lovely to see you getting going with them again. Thijs, you must keep up the good work and get some of them completed now.
    i'm trying

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Good heavens, you've been doing quite a bit of catching up on older models-in-the-making, Thijs. Great!
    #664.1 Is that gubbins in the middle the refrigeration unit? (Oh yes, I know all about reefer trucks now, ) Which is the diesel tank - is it that bit behind the landing legs? But it looks so small, though perhaps it is just to supply the fridge?
    #665/1 Have you got the decals for that one? And the wheels don't match yet - I assume that they are still to be painted - hope the old paint you have is still OK, otherwise there wil be more expense. Is that more refrigeration gubbins at the rear end?
    These unfinished models are something different, it's lovely to see you getting going with them again. Thijs, you must keep up the good work and get some of them completed now.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    and sprayed everything in the white primer

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    this is one the four ,one of i drove with.
    almost fineshed for years, but i was stuck on the other 3 models ,so stoped with this one to.
    but it was just 3 colors of paint ,decals on it and done,
    oh and make the side guard on it

the white strip and a step bracket ,lets hope the paint is still good to use

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the boxtrailer that comes behind a old truck i drove.
    the rear bumper was broken,so made a repair with plastic, but broke very fast, bought some copper and make one of that
    i lost the landinglegs, take them from another trailer i got (the same model) but then again when i need that trailer i got the same problem.
    so take another one and make it so it fits, and also some repair work.
    removed the last paint on some parts and placed a dieseltank under it, it wil be a reefer trailer

the trailer cover which i removed the paint of but still some left picked that also out to remove the left paint, but the cover was completly rusted.
    so sand that al the way that al the paint and rust is away

Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:20.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    didn't do much the last days,mainly dooing everything besides modelbuilding

went out to get a spraycan on a other place, a cheaper place.
    after 30,000 times trying to gleu a ladder on the tank, i bought other stuf, a 2 compunents glue,
    but not working well at this point, so trying it now for 30.006 time
    more or less done with the duel truck.
    did make the rearbracket for the mudflaps,
    but still not the parts yet

starting to go on with other models, 4 of a former company were i worked for.
    the 4 models as in #658.1 i talked about, making 1 trailer ready for spraying into the primer
    also with a trailer trailer cover,of another model were i have to make 4 of

so busy with many things, but it stops everytime because i ran out of parts or paint or decals

but sprayed some things in the primer

the rearbracket on the truck to place the mudflaps at
    also i filled the back side with that 2 components glue, in 2 times, here was the first time

for 30.000 times i tryed to place the ladder,but every time it goes loose again

Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:19.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks J-O.
    At this moment it stands still.
    No paint, and no american style fuel tank or american style mirrors.
    The paint i want to use is ral8001,okerbraun.
    Not available in a spraycan, they have to make that for me.
    Make the paint, it's just a little and pump that in a can costs me about 50 euro.
    And just for one model.
    So i'm not jumping of joy right now
    Last edited by janihudi; December 30th, 2018, 00:35.

• pakarang
    replied
    Absolutely wonderful job so far, janihudi.

Having just recently seen the movie, this is awesome to follow. Well done!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the Duel truck has a search light at the cab,the Daf don't have that roofsupport there,so placed one behind the bonnet

but then those metal headlights are just silvergrey painted, not a good looking front then
    , drilled them out and placed those little diamonds aswel

notice, that aren't real diamonds,that's swarofsky diamonds.
    Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:16.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    everything gone,but stil some material to be cut away as you see above the 5th wheel

before

after

trailer is more flat now behind the truck

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the chassis of the trailer with al the extra parts that had to be cut away

in the red circle, the trailer chassis parts
    in the bleu circle the material around the kingpin, so the trailer will lowerd down
    in the yellow circle the backside of the truck chassis, just 2 mm,so its not that close to the trailer

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    yes ,and i did that the next day, just not placed it here.
    i had digged the corner out were i stack everything up.
    making inventory of what i have, i don't even know what i have everywhere placed.
    there are a lot of half finished models, that i want to finish firts.
    mainly because i said a collageu that i can build amodel of his truck.
    and that was a20,21,22 years ago.
    and he is done wirh working over 6 months, so maby time to foish them.
    the complete model is finished,except the cab that have to be spray painted.(3 colors)

that i havn't finished them (4 models ,3 for myself,2 of my own trucks and 2 of his truck,but 1 model for me), because of the roofspoiler.
    an odd model, not for sale, and tryed to make it by myself but didn't work.

so clean the whole corner out, looking for the parts (yes again) that i need for the models, and bit by bit i found everything,but stil lloking for the landinglegs of the reefer trailer.

but the table is clean again and all is sorted out.
    but man o man what i lot of stuff i have.

kits, donor models, parts,even models i forgot i had them and bought those donor models.

but after counting for what i have to build, i'm now at 30 models were i have te goods for.

not mention the loose parts in store

• wherrygirl
    replied
    maybe that i will saw some metal away under the tanktrailer, it's very close to the truckchassis,and shorten the truckchassis at the back for 2 or 3 mm
    Come on, then - you said that four days ago.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Oh wow! Thijs, you have gone to a lot of trouble to find pics. and give detailed explanations to answer my questions. I really appreciate it.
    Had a quick shufti (kijkje) but will come back to it later today and study properly. Then people will see me standing by a stationary truck looking thoughtfully at its wheels and muttering "Ah yes, I see what he meant!
Working...
X