• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    replied
    painted the exhaust brown

also the steel suspension is rusting all the way
    spray painted the catwalk too
    the Original didn't had that, but now i can cover the adhesive bonding and make the chassis some stronger there

Last edited by janihudi; January 3rd, 2019, 11:01.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    also made a grip at the drivers side near the door

the former owner maybe had let the trailer drop on the floor,anyway looks great so the bent bumper on a old neglected truck

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    looks great allready now

chassis are ready, also made the support for the exhaust.
    also is the ladder in the primer paint now
    the cab issn't in the primer yet, i don't have the American mirrors for the cab, so can't drill the holes for it.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    spray painted the chassis of the duel truck black aswel the underside of the tanktrailer
    and spraypainted the underside of the reefertrailer red with the parts that goes under.
    i had sprayed them first because otherwise i can't reach al the narrow places of them.

finally after 30.007 times the pins behind the ladder hold
    had made then now with copper pins and the 2 components glue, and let them dry now for 2 days, and it holds

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    drilled the holes in 4 cabs,so they can listen now to the radio and talk to each other over de cb

painted the interior like the origenal duel truck
    white steeringwheel, brown seats, and silver aluminum platinging at the walls

Leave a comment:

• pakarang
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, I understand. That is a very high price for such a small amount of paint.

I'm sure that you will finish the project later.

• janihudi
    replied
    the difference between the trucks is that the resin model (the top model) is a flatbed truck,so can load everything that fits on the truck

while mine (lower model) is a real container truck

but it was expensive enough for him he said,the only extra he wanted was the lightbar,
    and let made his own company decaks
    while i ,well i did some more

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    and this is how they looked at the end

the resin one

my own one made from Tekno parts

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    a driver asked me if i could build a model for him.
    he saw at the fair a model made of resin, but he found it to expensive, so he bought (unseen) a kit of it.
    made the box open at home and closed it just at fast.
    he know he couldend built that

the 5 white parts are Original tekno parts aswel some other too, the cyellow/white stuff is the resin

it layed for years in house and in that time the model was bent and tornt al over
    this is a complete model

and what i build for others ,i build for me too.
    but from Tekno parts,again i needed 2 chassis to make this truck, and this is without the trailer what lays here

bad images ,but photo from photo

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    no sorry for that, it didn't gave me a trauma

in that image there issn't any resin,the silvergrey parts are white metal,a soft metal

this is what i bought 3 years back, still didn't use it, 67 euro's unused

2 components for the resin, a tin and a small bottle for making the silicon rubber mold

here a the molds i tryed ,just small parts

it works to mix 2 proportional quantity of the big bottles and pour that in the molds, and let it dry a few minutes,but thats with small parts, bigger i don't know howlong

other builders told me about it, when i said that i need more parts of some , without buying models for just i part, and then is that model without the part, so not a solution

• janihudi
    replied

the darn picturepush was playing up me again,a new try

black, the rear and renewed bumper
    it was broken when years back i removed the paint, made a new one out of plastic but broke the same day, made now one out of copper
    green, the airsuspencion for the axles
    red ,the bike protection
    purple ,the dieseltank for the reefer unit
    orange, the landinglegs

i am forgotten to place a spare wheel bracket between the black and green circles

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    No, I haven't forgotten you telling about that accident, and I'm so very sorry that I reminded you of it, Thijs. I just wasn't clear what it looked like and so where it was.
    Something I forgot to ask in my previous Comment was about you working with resin, in #671 with that incredible display of all those minute parts. In what form do you buy it, and how do you work it?
    In that 15th century building in St. Mary's Street here, there are some beautiful wooden carvings beneath one of the first floor windows, one piece of which became very rotten a few years ago. A well-known local wood-carver used resin to replace it and I wondered at the time how it was worked and whether it is very easy or not. How did you find it?

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    a bycicle fall under protection
    when we turn right and we didn't see the cyclist ,he/she can get stuck between the chassis parts or fall under the truck, those protection device push them away from the wheels.
    i had told you once (i believe or placed it here) that i drove so over a cyclist.

in the images that are the white strips of plastic, the have to be painted black, but i glue them at the tanks, battery pack and more,there is some adhesive residue.
    the grey stuf, for that i need the brown paint.
    Last edited by janihudi; January 1st, 2019, 14:29.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    yes he is,and stop working in may ,so i will try to get them finished by then.
    he had never payed in advance, so he can't say nothing about it, by that i told him that i could make it for 300.00guilders
    what is in euro 136.13 in euro's.
    a mistake that i have made 1 time before, set a price for a model, it's costing me money. had already had that 3x 25.00 = 75 guilders is about 35 euro
    for this model i think i go over the 200 euro, but i had made a price for the model, so he only pay me that amount, costs me a lot .and not to forget, i get the total price for my own too for the model i keep

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Bike guard?
    then wanted to paint the parts braun again.
    What parts? And why paint them brown? Was that the correct llivery? If so, why didn't you paint them brown in the first place?
    GUBBINS = oojah, oojahmaflip, thingamebob, thingie, wotsit, doodah, wotchamacallit...
Working...
X