Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    Anyway, I'm only now starting to belive that life is getting better and better with age. Why?
    Well, (and this is my personal experience), we are getting just that, more experienced, we are getting more relaxed, we don't stress up over minor "problems", specially those we can't do anything about, the kids grow up and eventually move out of our nest, the wife do her things, I do mine and every now and then we do something together (NO, NOT THAT..., but in example travelling, going to a movie, walk the hills or something). All depends, of course, if we have jobs, a good and steady life, a healthy family and so on. (Great thread, this Mercedes-Benz column) :-)

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    that was a mobile fridge Ivy to the R&B

maybe it's better if you would be my boss when there have to be a new truck ordered.
    the like it when you wel maintain your truck and spending every free hour at it,but when it's about selling price they forget you,and all the time you spend.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    In the eyes of kids Svein. LOL LOL.
    And my body is getting better and better.
    After al that swimming.
    But sad that 10 tracks not goes for 1kilo less weight.

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Wa-hey!

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Good on yer, Sterkie!

• Sterkoder
    commented on 's reply
    *cough* *cough* There's others around who's also 54, and he's far, far away from even thinking about the word 'oldtimer' ;-) Just saying :-)

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    In the prime of your life!!

• wherrygirl
    replied
    YOUNG MAN!!!!??????
    i' m 54.
    I'm starting to be a oldtimer
    Ye gods and little fishes - what does that make me???

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    The difference in cab is the hight above.
    Wideness is the same. But the lockers above are smaller , there doesn't even fit a microwave.
    Bit even on short runs a big cab is better,more storage place, and almost every week one or two nights in the cab, so some livingspace wouldend be so bad too
    Yes price is everything, but this cab still looks as new inside. No holes or whatever. Even outside even looks good. And i'm by then 17 years an employe there, so thats also a number that should count.
    That microwave has a little memory, hasn't it, of going on a trip to Ralf's B&B at Loevstein.
    Of course it looks as if it were new inside and good outside - look at all the work you did on the inside Thijs, to make it a bit homely. I remember how you spent so much time on making the little table and staining it to look like walnut burr. As to outside, well, you put a great deal of effort into that, as well, getting rid of dirt and rust and with hours of repainting the wheels. All that work has to be taken into account when the time comes for selling - the boss should be extremely grateful. That plus your time with the firm must surely count for a lot.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    But its easy for you to get one.
    When we w're there i saw the have them of Norfolk too. Di ind't notice if the dialect words were the same.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Ralf__ View Post
    Ivy, I just was stopping at that specific picture and asking myself: "why is my mug in Thijs' truck?"
    I should have bought one for myself as well, then we would each have mementos of the Three Muskateers' escapades!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    The difference in cab is the hight above.
    Wideness is the same. But the lockers above are smaller , there doesn't even fit a microwave.
    Bit even on short runs a big cab is better,more storage place, and almost every week one or two nights in the cab, so some livingspace wouldend be so bad too
    Yes price is everything, but this cab still looks as new inside. No holes or whatever. Even outside even looks good. And i'm by then 17 years an employe there, so thats also a number that should count.
    Load max is the same.27tons truck.
    Even with a narrow low cab , the chassis stays the same. Wil place images when at home. Can't do that from smartphone.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    No no,were 2 cars, not trucks.
    My boss had bought many cheap dashcams,though bw
    Een many times at the office, they didn't gave me one.
    Glad too.
    If you onow my truck,every thing is or in the middle, or 2 things on. Oth side of the middle.
    Rubberduck in the middle.
    Michelin mascottes both side of th rubberduck.
    Rubberduck lightbox in both corners.
    My 6 babes the middle is between babe 3 and 4
    So i have to place a dashcam in the middle,or i got to have 2 dashcams. LOL
    Boss was glad he bought those, but he wasn't that happy anymore when i told him no one gave me a cam. Even now i don't have one, and even so i had seen my boss several times now.
    Stil no dashcam.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    YOUNG MAN!!!!??????
    i' m 54.
    I'm starting to be a oldtimer.

• Ralf__
    replied
    Ivy, I just was stopping at that specific picture and asking myself: "why is my mug in Thijs' truck?"

Thijs, you wrote abut seven people, but there were only two "enemy" trucks? Maybe you will have to intall one of those Russian traffic cams on your dashboard, then you will have a document???

Sorry about the small cabin! But you did not want to to the "long runs" anymore! And your boss has to count the numbers. Maybe you will have to to some extra trips to cover the price difference? Or is the also a difference in maximum load capacity? In this case you will have bad cards.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X