Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Whichever way you go, it will be a great day. I hope your boss is impressed by all the work you've put into improving the HC.
    Good luck

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    i do hope so that it will be a dry weekend,otherwise al the polishing and painting would be useless,

the are nothing that road works here, from Giessen (in fact from the locks) to the highway A27 is a complete overhaul till august,in parts but neverteless,till august i have to make a detour.
    and the weekend of the show,the exit is closed for roadwork,but the driveway i have to take now is also the one where i would drive onto for the show and take the next exit.
    so i cross the highway now instead driving on it,and go through the polder to Nieuwendijk

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    So let us all pray for dry weather during the next weekend and no road works on your way. And as comment for the light show: Wuuuuuuuuuuhhh!

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    I'm exhausted just imagining it all.

• janihudi
    replied
    i told the boss that i want to be home early so i can go to the truckwash,hope it will be dry then, chrome polish al the chrome stuff at Friday,make a last cleaning round,and not to forget ,place the wheelnutcovers back,and drive to Nieuwendijk to the parkingplaces,there.
    so this is the last weekend,to ''hobby'' on the hc and after the show i can neglected him again.
    i believe that there will be about 70/80 trucks,if i go early i can take them complete on the images.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Not much to do now, just little things, he says! And then comes a long list of various paint jobs, wiring up yet more lights, rim cleaning, etc. And BEHOLD, the lights in all their glory.
    Thijs, you're going to have to get up at 4a.m. on Saturday to give it a last-minute polish and check-over. And make sure that Wesley is in postion to see you depart from home, arrive at the show-place and then take masses of showing-off photos - (better include the driver, I suppose!). I'm looking forward to seeing it all.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    and I said,let there be light.

and darn I got it.

(those on the outside ,at the back)

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the last weekend for the truckshow.
    didn't do much,there is not much to do anymore,just ''little'' thing.

replaced the mudflaps,the wheren't hanging level and the same height,but now they do.
    placed outside lights at the backside of the truck.
    so for that i have to drow 10 meters of electric wire underneith the truck.
    clean out the rims for the third time this week.(have to keep them clean now,otherwise the brake dust wil ''burn'' in the paint.
    painted some cables bleu,and some other stuff
    spraypainted the bleu hoses and cables black.
    and did some repair on the white paint

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    oke,we gave those kids ''kakies'' biscuits,or ''lange vingers'' a long airy cookie with sugar

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    A cross between a "beschuit" and a "klein afgeplat brood". They are quite small and sold by the bagful.
    A different kind of rusk is for babies to eat when they are cutting their first teeth.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    my boss choose this color on the container chassis and the name on the cab,i got the only bleu truckchassis of the company.
    it was mutch cheaper on the Merc than on the volvo's,so he left those grey.
    the number of the bleu paint is RAL 5002,don't know which the ''Norway'' had.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    PEC Zwolle .schalke 04,what is that,can i eat this?
    i'm that type of guy that''do it right,or don't do it at all'',
    but to be honest,i wish i didn't started it ,that far,just clean it.
    spent now 5 weekend on it,1 weekend to go and than to the show.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    what are rusks??

• pakarang
    replied
    I think you chose the blue color based on the hull of the SS Norway?

Leave a comment:

• Ralf__
    replied
    Who are you supporting with this colours? PEC Zwolle or Schalke 04?

To be serious: You are doing a great job ! I hope you will not join the next truck meeting and keep on trucking, not painting. But i can clearly understand that you - once you started this plan - will present your truck as its best. But take care that the guy beside the truck behaves himself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X