Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    replied
    we may use it anyywhere we want,but the sound issn't that loud.

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    replied
    Is the Jacobs or engine brake allowed anywhere? I assume it is loud when you engage the engine brake.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    at the image above you see a stick under B4,i can operate the cruise control ant the engine brake

the stick seen from the side

at A you see the sign for the engine brake just 1 big ''arrow'' in 2 pieces ,stand 1 and 2
    by handling this, pull the stick 1 or 2 steps to me,diesel to the engine is shut down,cilinder valves won't open anymore,so the piston is just compressing al the time,and the gearbox is shifting down,al by just pulling this stick to me,and by al this the speed is reducing without i need the wheelbrakes.
    pushing it to the dashboard, the engine brake is switch of,see the O on the stick
    when empty or light loaded i can bring the truck to stop within a few hunderd meters,fully and heavy loaded ,then i need some kilometers
    when we go back to #582 and look at meter 7 you see 3 colors in the rpm meter,the best rpm's for braking on the engine is the yellow part which go from 1600 to 2200 rpm

while driving and pull the stick to the wheel at that speed the cruisecontrole picks it up,by pulling more to the wheel (+) go faster,by pushing down (-) go slower
    cruise controle switch of by braking with the pedal or engine brake,or push the stick to the dashboard see O on the stick
    if i press b on the end of the stick at the speed i'm driving the truck wont go faster.
    its not like a CC ,but see it when you drive in an town where 50 is allowed,you don't want to drive there on CC,so push the switch at 50 km,andyou can push the trottle you want,the truck wont go faster then 50km.

when i use the engine brake and slow down to 30km,set the engine brake in position O,the truck will acceleraid to the CC speed

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the computer screen which can be seen in # 582 marked as 3 is operated by switches on the steeringwheel

with switch A i can
    1,scroll up through the main menu,like vehicle info,radio stations,the Phone,the alarm clock,the night Heather,10 main pages in total
    2,scroll down through the main menu
    3,when open a main page,i can scroll through that menu up
    4,the same as 3 but then down

with switch B i can,
    1,lower the volume of the radio or Phone,when in ''normal'' use .
    2,higher the volume
    3,ending a Phone call
    4 starting a phonecall

with switch B 1 or 2 i can also make the settings in the computer screen, for like the heather

and if i place 1 or 2 hands on the big black circle and go round with it,the truck go right or left

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    probally because there are more rules for trucks than airplanes Dane

• pilotdane
    commented on 's reply
    Your truck is far more complex than my airplane ever was.

• PoloUK
    commented on 's reply
    Me too. Haven't had to put oil into the car since the mid 1990s, they've just had the oil replaced every annual service. Like Ivy, the cars I've had since then have all had VW engines.

Mind you, the Morris Marina I had in the late 1980s did '1 to 1' - about 1 litre of oil to 1 mile!!

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    my huge opel drives 1 to 1 on oil,never let him service,because it's cosuming so much he got new oil every few weeks,depend how much i drove.
    I don't know what is meant by 1 to 1 here, but it is a warning never to buy an Opel! Citroens, Tommi's car, my "city cars" (I'll not let him forget that misnomer ) VW Polo's and current Seat - no topping up needed, just an oil change every 20,000 miles (32,000km.). So what's up with the Opel?

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    the hc can't go from service to service.the sensor says at this moment that 4 liters can go in.
    but the orange indicator stays out,that goes on when 6 liters is needed,and turn into red after 7 or 8 liters
    and even than i can drive from Munich to rotterdam
    the computer is savin gthe engine by given less and less horsepower.
    he give just as much so that the engine won't break down.
    the computer also messures when service is needed.
    when i'm having heavy containers every day and drive just on landroads,the oil have to be changed earlier when i just drive light containers and over mainlt highway's.but sofar oil change somewhere between 100.000 and 120.000 km and i believe an oil change you need about 25 to 30 liters of oil

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    I have also almost stopped checking the engine oil. It was in 1998 I had a car that needed topping up between the service intervals.

• Ralf__
    replied
    I was joking about the oil, Thijs. My Citroens never need additional oil, it is changed every 30.000km and that's it. I am glad that your Merc is speaking German. My colleagues in Czech Republik are often driving cars, which are speaking Dutch or German. They had been there in their first life.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Good yes. Of course it used oil on that long journey, but it was still well within the limits and no need to top up. My VW Polo's all did the same journey without problem.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    the first type of actros had a oil dipstick,now we have to relay on the sensors,even while i'm driving i can check the oil level .

thats goed Ivy, and bad.a engine have to use some oil.
    my huge opel drives 1 to 1 on oil,never let him service,because it's cosuming so much he got new oil every few weeks,depend how much i drove.
    btw Ralf do you know al the tasks of engine oil?

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    My little "city car", (according to you know who, despite the fact that it has quite happily gone down to Devon, about 6 1/2 hours driving with just one 45 minute stop) seems never to use oil. In fact it is not since my Morris Minor that I have ever had to top up.

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Does it have at least an oil dipstick? Maybe they don't think they need it anymore since a display is telling you "oil O.K."?
Working...
X