Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Thijs, what fun! €100.......and for driving with someone else's chassis which had the sticker on it! I had forgotten all about that, I must admit. Nice photo.
    Will you spend it on photography - or on more model stuff, I wonder.

Later:
    On second thoughts, you've probably already spent it on all the modelling bits and pieces - the lens converter will have to wait, perhaps.
    Last edited by wherrygirl; February 20th, 2015, 12:41.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    mixed week this week.long days,shorter days,joy and sadness.

the joy,had made a break for a cup a coffee (and a snack) and 15 minutes later bacl on track again.
    after a few kilometers i was cut off by a BMW and gave me a kind of braketest.
    i thought DAMN idiot what do you want,look in my mirrors if there was something wrong,nope nothing to see.
    then the car passinger reaches his arm outside with a sign of ''truckstar''.
    truckstar is a truckdriver magazine.
    i know the have a ''flappenteam'' (moneyteam) a team driving around and pick up drivers who have a truckstar sticker on there truck. (my chassis don't have one.but this was a collegeu chassis)
    and take them to a parking place.
    so after a little interview (i stand there almost 45 minutes) he gave me 100,00 euros ,for haveing the sticker,beeing a member and that i have there ''roadcart'', which you can buy something from there shop or at some truckstops get discount.
    they pay you 50 for the sticker,75 for sticker and member and 100 for all.
    i will come in the march magazine.
    now i hope that you can't see the chassis on the image,so the driver don't know,before they want to share it with me
    that man use also nikon,and got many cameras.
    http://www.oscars-collection.nl/
    i havnt seen every thing there this moment,but mainly in dutch,he told me his oldest camera is from 1938 if i remember well

and here is the article

PEANUTS FOR THE NORWEGIANS

Thijs Vink from Giessen have a container full with peanuts which will be shipped to Norway.
    Luckly he issnt'in a hurry so we have the time for a talk and a image.
    For his membership he get 2 biljets of 50 Euro,which violently flapping in the strong wind.
    He started his day with discharging in Tiel,and dorve to Doetinchem for loading the peanuts.
    The container will go to Rotterdam and get there another one for destination Roermond.
    His 100 euro he wants to spend at is hobby, photographing.
    Offcourse has Thijs Always his camera with him to shoot nice images

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    an extra lens between the camera and lens,and can dubble your reach of zoomlens.i got a 200mm,with it i got a 400mm

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    What's a converter??

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    won't help,Ombugge,only trucks passes those barriers.
    the placed them because some drivers came to fast and damaged the barriers.
    and normaly it issn't a problem,but i got a bigger tank,and low to the street.
    i know what you ment with those Troenderhomp ,but don't know there name in dutch

• ombugge
    commented on 's reply
    Maybe you should introduce "Troenderhomp" to the Dutch??

What is that??? It is simply a part of the speed bump removed at the stander width of trucks. Trucks can get along without being "bounched", but at reduced speed. Normal cars cannot, as they have lesser width between wheels. Simple and effective.

• janihudi
    replied
    it will be a horreble image anyway,rain,strong wind,and i could use a haircut.
    he asked me,(and all others for years now they do this action) ''what do you do with the money?''

maybe an converter for the nikon

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Thijs, what a to-do! That's two bad weeks you've had with work. But at least there was that stroke of luck with the borrowed chassis! Be careful with how you spend your interview fee. Wow! You must show us when the March issue come out and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the photo doesn't show the chassis or you'll be in plenty trouble with your colleague!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    so drove to the garage for repair.
    they thought it was just the bar that was broken,and a 30 minut job.
    so i coild drive inside for repairs.
    and there at a second look they saw that the whole bracket was push over.
    my first thought that it was bent,and that i had to drive with it till the end of the HC.
    but my luck,the are 3 bolds that mounted the bracket to the chassis.
    2of 3 where cut of,so the tank was on that side hanging on 1 bold.
    to repair that will take some mor time.
    they had to pump the tank almost empty,remove the tank place the bolds replace the tank back and fill the tank again.
    al in al i spend 3 hours in the garage,incl there break.

the removed tank

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    and Friday at the terminal i was driving to the barrier where there is a speedbump to slow you down and report yourself with your cart at the pole.
    those are so high,that when i go over and brake the trucksuspecion go in and while driving i toched the speedbump.

the normal place for the tankbracket,between the red lines.
    and the broken steelbar for mounting the bracket at the red arrow

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    mixed week this week.long days,shorter days,joy and sadness.

the joy,had made a break for a cup a coffee (and a snack) and 15 minutes later bacl on track again.
    after a few kilometers i was cut off by a BMW and gave me a kind of braketest.
    i thought DAMN idiot what do you want,look in my mirrors if there was something wrong,nope nothing to see.
    then the car passinger reaches his arm outside with a sign of ''truckstar''.
    truckstar is a truckdriver magazine.
    i know the have a ''flappenteam'' (moneyteam) a team driving around and pick up drivers who have a truckstar sticker on there truck. (my chassis don't have one.but this was a collegeu chassis)
    and take them to a parking place.
    so after a little interview (i stand there almost 45 minutes) he gave me 100,00 euros ,for haveing the sticker,beeing a member and that i have there ''roadcart'', which you can buy something from there shop or at some truckstops get discount.
    they pay you 50 for the sticker,75 for sticker and member and 100 for all.
    i will come in the march magazine.
    now i hope that you can't see the chassis on the image,so the driver don't know,before they want to share it with me
    that man use also nikon,and got many cameras.
    http://www.oscars-collection.nl/
    i havnt seen every thing there this moment,but mainly in dutch,he told me his oldest camera is from 1938 if i remember well

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    on wednesday i went to a tyreshop (or as we call them bandenboer = tyre farmer,yeah i know ,but we also have a olieboer = oil farmer) for 2 new tyres under the chassis,but i got also 6 new ones under the truck.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    when i started driving, it was work,no i'm more a guy thats manouvre a big computer through traffic

• Ralf__
    commented on 's reply
    Well, if turning On and OFF the wipers make you pass your day quicker, then do it. In my opinion shifting a gearbox is much more fun (and thinking).

• janihudi
    replied
    if they keep al the icons the same,you don't have to learn them again,stepping in to a warm nest.

it goes fast,with a empty truck,not that fast that itwill jump,but you could blow up a balloon that fast.
    with 40 tons on its back,you could better look at grass thats growing,you 'll se the it gooing up.

ithink the latest truck will maybe have it,but to my opinion,that are features for lazy drivers,just like a automatic gearbox.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X