Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    It just seemed a bit complicated to put logs INTO a container. Ain't there any "open" container frames or flatbeds available?

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    what is ''real''?
    we have timber trucks here in holland,also production forrests.
    not in the scale as in Scandinavian though.
    in this German case,the most of the forrest was blown over in a storm,and later in a different storm the rest.

• Tommi
    commented on 's reply
    Are there "real" the timber trucks in the Netherlands?

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    images from some weeks back,they let me wait for almost 3 hours for customs documents.(they forgot to Phone when it was done,didn't care,it was a Sunny day then and lots of vessels passing by)

and made some tries ,against the sun

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    yes,only want to sleep,getthat cold out of my head

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    a) don'tknow if it's dutch,but this was a dutch company,but others from TSI has load logs in France aswel,
    in my case it was about 6 meters long,and 2 logs after each other,but others had load them as 12 meters long.
    b) still waiting for thornless roses,even while i can't dance.
    c) thank God for that,or wait ,thank Jesus for that.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Oh Thijs, I'm going to have to study these comings and goings again bye and bye. You've certainly had an appalling week. Good job there is an extra day for you to have a rest this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Sigve
    commented on 's reply
    1) Never saw anybody put big logs into a container with cranes. That must be something Dutch....
    2) Being a lorry driver never was a dance on roses!
    3) Cheerie up, Thijs, now it's Easter!

• janihudi
    replied
    next morning went to rotterdam to pick up 2 empty container to load in Tholen Holland.not much containers lowed away there (like as in the rest of Rotterdam port) ,
    drove to the Mercedes shop to see if i could repair the bracket.with the help of a mechanic (i push ,he mounted it tight again) i was on my way to Tholen.

arriving there i could park the 2 containers side by side for loading.
    disconect the 2 parts and saw that the front container was tilting,what the heck?

this heck!!!
    a flat tyre,when was that happend,i don't know,had drove the last days only 40 ft containers so don't need that axle.
    after a call to the office,i had to go to Bergen op Zoom for a tyre change.just 8.3 kilometers away.

and it was just theusday

after 2 hours back in Tholen ,load the containers and drove back to Rotterdam.
    but made a call first if i had to go there because of the storm winds.
    on facebook i readed that the terminals and depots where closed ,and many collegeus where send home (thank you facebook)
    but no i had to go to Rotterdam,though the terminal was closed till 5pm anyway.but they (office) would call me at 5 pm what is gooing on. (still waiting for that 5pm call)
    so i parked the truck at the Mercedes garage (not allowed for truckers to park on the street in Rotterdam) at 4,15pm and watch dvd of Castle for the hole afternoon and evening.
    went to the terminal wednesday morning ,where it was a mess.but managed to deliver on 1 terminal and get other containers on a other terminal for Vlissingen to drop them off there.
    back to Rotterdam ,pick another container for thursday and finally drove home after 3 days.
    i had a cold on monday in the forrest and didn't sleep wel that night, a lot of coughing and hawking that night
    thursday i discharged empty fish tubs in Urk wich didn't go well,back to Rotterdam.
    drop that one off and i had to pick up 1 for delivering to the Eurmax terminal (spotting place 1) and go back halfway to rotterdam pick 1 up for the next day.
    i though this issn't gonna work within time,picking it up take a long time (many trucks) but the rest of the evening went well,and maneged to came back at ht emercedes garage with just 2 minutes over my working time.
    the plan was to come out of bed at 6am ,i had to discharge in Ermelo at 9am ,bud driving so early i would be there before 8am.
    set the mobile alarm and went to sleep (after looking dvd for 1 hour long) in the middle of the night i awake for a pie stepped out the cab and saw that the window was complete open at my side,didn't see it when i closed the curtains,meaning i was far gone that time i went to bed.
    next morning i awake look at the mobile which time it was,because it was light and still, no alarm.
    7,05am ehhhhhh????????? 7,05am!!!
    look what went wrong,didn't set the day for the alarm,did the time,but not the day,as i said i was far gone that evening.
    so peddle to the metal on my way to Ermelo,and arrive at time,discharge the load of empty new big bags and back to Rotterdam.
    deliver the empty one ,switch from chassis,discharged that one in Ridderkerk with Scania parts

if i knew that before i make sure that i had lost that container,discharhed it too,back to rotterdam drop of the container,switch again with my own chassis and pick up 2 containers.
    many many truck at the terminal,this wil take some hours,went to the computer ,and got a message customs document aren't right,so calling what wrong,
    container not from the vessel yet.
    so i could go home and get them theusday.now it was early so drove to the truckwash cleaned the truck,made another call if the container was from the vessel yet?
    nope
    went home, tyred as a dog,but a long weekend for resting.
    a week to forget,but probally Always in the back in my mind

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

still loading here,but at the end i had 13 logs and about 24 tons ,back to Antwerp,to deliver the container.

which went well,so drove back to the Belgium/dutch border and parked there for the night.
    bad dissision.
    haevy winds that night,and with the wind full at the back of the truck and no container, it was heavely rocking that knight.and not only that the spoiler rattled the whole night through those wind.
    so not much sleeped that night,went even out ,to see how the roof spoiler was,and still good mounted.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    images taken at number 4

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

from parking 1 over the yellow path (which the first 2 trucks drove backwards)to the stack of logs (2) (which was not for us,there lumber truck had to pick them out of the forrest for every container load)
    at (3) were the truck was stock in the soil (4) the bridge were i damaged the bracket.

now they know it was a bad spot to load they told us to go to another spot ,where we could load.

over the bleu line ,turn at the left side of image and come back and load at 4.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    had a terrible week this week.
    unload a container in Veghel Holland,load it back in Ratingen Germany.
    beech logs.
    arriving there in the neighberhood there where already 2trucks waiting before the street where we had to go in.
    they had called the lumber jacks where to go.they didn't understand him wel (later the huy arrived and look stranged after i told it him) but they drove about 1 kiometer backward on a small road (about 2,5 meter,the weidnes of a truck) to a big pile of logs.
    but they were late because of there truck was stock in theforrest to get those logs out.while there was just place for 2 trucks i had to wait.
    after a while a second third container truck (1from the company which already was there) cam e a turned right away into the path.
    i waved to him ,don't go,but he wave friendly back.
    well the lumber jack knows i'm here he would phoned me when i'm on.
    15 minutes later a call.
    the third truck was stock in the soil and no truck or car was be able to go away as long that truck was there,so i had to come to pull him out.
    but i as the others could just go forwarts in and go back into the forrest path .comming there and overlooked it ,i wanted to drive back into the path, i drove through some mud,before a bridge,thinking that there would be concrete under it too,but there was no concrete just mud,so a concrete curb was higher now than i though and damaged the tank bracket.AGAIN

the red line ,the highway i drove to and from ratingen, 1 =were i wait till i could go to the stack
    the yellow line on to the path to the stack of logs 2 = the stack ,3=the bridge were i damaged the bracket
    the bleu line ,the road we drove to get away from there turn at the end and parked at 4 were we would be loading now.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    yeah it went to the last fair.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X