X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    replied
    some FU..ING A55H0LE wrecked the Highway cruiser

driving in a traffic jam i was on the right lane and he wanted to insert from the right.
    ​i saw him coming from far behind,but impatient as he could be he wanted to insert as far at the end if possible.
    ​he made 1 miscalculation,there were 2 trucks which he wanted to go between ,but in the second truck there was a driver, (let's call him Thijs) which was just speeding up to keep behind the first truck. but driving in traffic i diddn't keep my eyes on the mirrors anymore,because if the one in front brakes,i had to brake too.
    as i was in a hurry and not heevy loaded i could keep up with him,so there wasn't a gap for a car. but he thought there was.
    ​and i feel a bump from the side,looking in the mirror,i saw the car beside me against my pristine white (but dirty) truck
    some mainly paint damage,but the older man had more damage

al the years beeing a driver,i stil don't know why there are so many cardrivers which think, they can win it from a truck.
    IDIOTS
    Last edited by janihudi; October 15th, 2016, 20:46.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    don't know what to come by then.
    when i get a Volvo,there will go no single penny to it

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    All together now: aah-aaaaaah-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!

Do you mean that in two years' time we have to go all through the agony of customising the new weekday Spotting Mobile? New furnishing, carpet, curtains, table, bigger, better and more lights, and a huge new decal for Highway Cruiser..................

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the CVF weekly spotting mobile,for the coming 2 years,than he is 6 years old and not allowed to go on the Maasvlakte 2

​my CVF weekend spotting mobile and racing car when a cruiseship arrive

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, it's too long since the last Highway Cruiser pic. Lovely to see it back.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by janihudi View Post
    open top containers for loading machinery for a (close your eyes Ivy,so you can't read this) chicken slaughterhouse
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh screech....................yell................... ......Oh these carniverous Dutchies!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    long time ago i placed something here.
    btw i buyed the marrine traffic app now,so i can surch for vessels now,may be i need it up coming Friday when the ''ovation of the seas'' arrived for her maiden call in Rotterdam.

spotting mobil on it's regular place near the waterside

ready and clean for the next week

open top containers for loading machinery for a (close your eyes Ivy,so you can't read this) chicken slaughterhouse

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the client,he have to pay for the trip,he wants it like that,
    it was a 6 container order for tonnage,but in volume les than 4 even now there was place left in the containers.
    when it was stuffed in 4 containers he kept the prise of 2 in his pockets.

my boss pays mine fine and he wil try to get it back from the client

yes it cost me my saterday,but if i do it in the week i have to pay it by myself.
    boss pays,boss disides when.

it's vesselfinder they have a free app,marine traffic not.it shows what is there you want to know,but i cant surch there for myself.

Leave a comment:

• wherrygirl
    replied
    What a rotten time you've had.
    But whose responsibility is it when a job is taken on to see that the load plus the truck weight doesn't exceed the German limit? Both were known when you were given the job. All that messing about, fines handed out and your days disrupted.
    As to the bone meal episode, well! Incredible. They might as well have used a bit of cardboard to make the "wall". Utterly useless. Then the air hoses. I should think that you were almost glad to have to go to classes just to get away from disasters - except that it was in your own time. Do you get a day off in lieu? Don't suppose so.
    Is that vessels finder app. reliable and up to the minute? Was it correct that the ship you wanted was not in port that night? You went to the terminals OK next morning.
    Let's hope you have a nice easy week of successful runs now, poor old chap!

PS. I didn't refresh before replying - so we have a new string to add to our bow now! Fork lift driver par excellence!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    sometimes at a loadingadres they say;you have to load it by yourself,normaly i wont,but he said that i could use a forklift,oke,no problem

and beer is save by me,don't drink any alcohol

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    me too Mark.i had enough bad luck for now

Leave a comment:

• PoloUK
    replied
    Sounds like a tough few days Thijs. Hope things get a little easier for a while now for you.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    this was the truck for today,for our course

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    some bad times passed

picked up a empty reefer container in Antwerp Belgium for loading meat the next day in Rheine Germany.

spent almost the whole day there with a collegeu for 28 tons of meat for each container.
    i drove about 3 hours later than the collegeu.

i was just 5 minutes on the highway back to Antwerp when the BAG (as drivers name it Bundes Autobahn Gestapo,they controle the transportation in Germany). came in front of me,with the sign lighted ''controlle folgen bitte'' = ''controle please follow''.
    had to follow him to a weightbridge 20 km from my loadingplace and i was 9 tons overloaded,49,1 ton,Germany allows 40 tons,or 44 when we deliver at a inland port or railstation within reach of 50 kilometers.
    Antwerp is much further away
    so they had to bring a truck for overloading or i could drive to a coldstore around the corner to unload 10 tons.
    after about 1.5 hour he was finally ready and beside my boss and the shipping firm would got a fine of 760,00€ and i had to pay right away 218.50€ for the fine and earlier 8€ for the weightbridge.
    a 30 minutes later i drove away there,though he told me not to do it,i would get a new fine of 500.00 when they get me again.
    my boss got a mail that i had to drive back to the loadingadres and that the client would pay everything if the get me again.
    back at the loadingadres the unload it complete and would reload it again but with 10 tons less and better divides
    .but when almost empty they told me that it wont reloaded again and i would go empty again,because the wanted load 28 tons,and that didn't go anymore.
    but a ''normal'' 5 axle truck weight also 19 tons,there is no way they could load 28 tons in a reefer in Germany,Holland no problem,we have a 50 tons limit.
    so i went back to Antwerp empty.

Friday 1 week back i had to load 2 containers (just as the day before) with bone meal,22 tons each
    wich went wel on Thursday,was gooing bad Friday.
    the first container broke the wall 2 times.
    the second container it happens again.

lets explane it

the bone meal get loaded by a convayer belt ??? a wheelloader tips it in a cistern??? and goes than on a rubber belt into the container,and tops it totally full.
    at the end (doorside) they made a wall of about 1,70meters high with 3 planks and 4 plates of particle board of just 1 centimeter thick

all that weigth against 1 cm plate.

and then happens this.

smarthphone pics from the second time

the topplank is stil in the container here.

and this happend for the third time with the front container again

so it became late before a drove away there,had to go to rotterdam too that night, because of the closing time for deliffering containers,

but while helping them i smell hard of that bone meal even my pockets where full with it.

but looking on the vesselfinder app,there was no vessel with that name in port,so go to h..l with there closing.
    i dissidet to go to the Mercedes garage,parked there and take a shower to get rid of that awefull smell,
    made some hot water and make me 2 cups of nudel later.and didnt want to go further anymore.
    so stayed there the night,and awake at 8.30am saterday morning,went to the 2 terminals for dropping of and picking up new ones.

that morning i saw that the 20'' axle wont goes down,and didn't do nothing,and with al that weight with the new containers i wanted that axle .
    but with the airhose loose it works ,so i could uncoupple the chassis for unloading Monday.
    i came at home 00.40pm

Monday the problems with the presure of the 20ft axle was bigger now,i couldend get any pressure in the air suspension,so there is no way to uncoupple .
    had unload the back container and drove to the chassis factory what was just 20 minutes away from there.
    spent there 2 hours for waiting and repairs,3 air valves where replaced and 1 was repaired (no new ones anymore in store)
    but all in all the whole day was ruined and didn't came home that night.

today spent the whole day at ''school'' for my 35 hours of school to keep my drivinglicence.
    togehter with a collegeu we had the course ''the new driving''
    we both drove a traject in the morning our way,and in the afternoon we do it in the way they wanted
    those 35 points we have to take in 5 years,with at least 1 day of practise
    the last 2 saterdays of november i have schooldays again and then i have my points for 5 years.

still 6 weeks to work for my vacation,men i need it

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    yep i want that one. no doub't

yes less functional Ombugge.
    total lenght in europe is 16,5 meters for truck trailer
    so with that nose and the big sleepercab only left to haul are 20ft maybe 30ft containers.
    some independent/owner drivers do it sometimes,but driving with tanktrailers,wich load heavy but not voluminus liquid
Working...
X