Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• janihudi
    replied
    comming closer tho the loadingplace the road is getting narrower.
    2 trucks passing would be a problem there.
    the curves in the road are getting sharper.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    just feeling like a rallycar driver.

10 beams of light,an outcome for those who is affraid of the dark. (not me)

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    so everything went well underway (besides the trafficjams),stil early,so driving at daylight to the forrest.
    but at a sertain point you have to stop for a break,about 30 minutes for loadingplace my time of 4,5hours were over,and i had to park for 30 minutes.
    by that time it became dark,and even more dark by the time i went again. (and i wasn't even in the black forrest)

and then every euro of all those euro's for the extra lights ( mostly just for show) are wurth every euro.

and yes i'm driving at the middle of the road,but who cares when your alone,and driving ''fast''

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    i picked up 2 containers thuesday ,which i have to make customs clearence at the Dutch-German border Wednesday morning.
    the load was over 3000 cartons each container and one with 12+ tons ,the other 16+tons.
    arriving at the border the costums saw that the weigth with the truck was more than 40 tons ,and that i wasn't allowed to get over in one time.
    so had to disconnect them,and get them over one by one.discharge adres was just about 30 km over the border.
    but i would bring one about 15km away and get back to get the other one and take that one over too,
    and connect them again somewhere at a parking i go further complete to my adres.
    arriving there they warn't happy,they should get one container a day.
    but after a while and pull away an other container from the loading dock ,i can park them besides each other.
    with al those small boxes they would need a 3,5 to 4 hours per container,but two teams,so within 4 hours i would be empty.

after discharging i would bring those containers to Duisburg Germany.
    and thats what scares me,had a bad feeling that i could pick up somewhere another container and go anywhere.

so while beeing discharge i saw underway a ''imbiss'' ,a snackbar or what it may be named al over the world,some kind of dtreetfood place.

and every time when Thijs is in Germany i have to eat something,most likely a currywurst

which issn't that good for me.
    i had let do some bloodtests and the outcome of the blood values aren't that good.
    so i had to lost some weight.
    i put 109kilo on the scale,was to much the docter said.
    so that was in may
    today 21.9.2017 i am round 100, one day 98 other day 101 some later 99

but even worsy the food place had also a nudelsalat and frikandelle,so i let them pack in a meal.
    not good at all,but al so tasty

finally empty at 2pm (i arrived there at 10am) i went to duisburg and as i thought pick up at
    another adres a 40ft box, and load that one the next day at Gemunden Germany.
    about a 215km from Duisburg.

the red dot is where i stand in Duisburg ,the red flag is were i had to go,
    in the middle of a forrest.

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    thank you J-O

i try to keep her in ship shape but planning is not working with me to clean her very much.
    but she is gooining into her last year with us.
    next july she is not allowed to go to the Maasvlakte port anymore, because of her euro class,she has class 5,those may be not older than 7 years to go there

• pakarang
    replied
    Nice rigs, mr. janihudi!

Clearly, you are also proud of your truck - it looks spotlessly clean almost always! That takes a lot of love and work!

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    meetings with Wesley.
    on a parkingplace near Rotterdam

Wesley loading goods in our hometown Giessen, me discharging the same kind of stuf there

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    bogger

https://staticresources.rijkswaterst...cm21-93658.pdf

this started in a bomshell the past week on Monday morning.
    and Giessen is where the truck icon is of those banned vehicles.
    ​and will taken about 2 months for repairs.
    ​the south part of the bridge is in a worst state the the north part,tha was the week before closed for heavy transport ,above 60 tons.
    ​now the outcome of the south part it's completly closed.
    ​course , hairline cracks???????

​so i will probably more away than normal because of the detour,to much extra kilometers.
    wel we'll see how it wil goes

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied

Leave a comment:

• janihudi
    replied
    the ''Wannabee toothpick'' season started again.

Leave a comment:

• pilotdane
    commented on 's reply
    I am amazed how many people act as though a truck can handle and brake like a sports car. I am glad your truck is mostly OK.

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    and every day we see it in the newspapers,9 out of 10 times they lose.
    but they rather have a cold corpse (as in dead) ,than cold potatoos on their plate

• janihudi
    commented on 's reply
    they all hate to get stuck behind a truck.
    if so,they all go beserk.
    Last edited by janihudi; October 15th, 2016, 20:28.

• wherrygirl
    replied
    There are too many car drivers who think they can win over any vehicle, Thijs. Driving used to be enjoyable but not any more.
    But you are OK, and that is the important thing.

Leave a comment:

• nari
    commented on 's reply
    My sympathy, Thijs. It is always more keenly felt when some d***head makes a significant error of judgment..
Working...
X