No announcement yet.

VOLVO FELT, 1/2 ton, 4x4, Mod. L3314

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome images all of them particularly the two last ones. Loved the yellow light detail and the somwehat rainy wet conditions of your drive.

It must be quite fun to drive around in a vehicle like this I think.
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

• Sterkoder
      Sterkoder commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.
      Yes, it's fun to drive vehicles like this and we get "the look" from the public. Don't know if it's in awe or because they see us as plain idiots (haha).

I guess my military veteran field wagon Volvo had the same look as me this morning, at 06:30 AM, when I shoveled my way towards my civil car to change BACK to winter tires
    volvofelt by Svein Ludvigsen, on Flickr
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

• Sterkoder
      Sterkoder commented
      Editing a comment
      Of course, Ralf, you are correct.
      Not even snow should stop the "army", but: on winter roads in Norway they use salt to prevent freezing and icy roads.
      Salt and an old army field wagon don't mix, at least in my head.
      My car has no rust today, and I want to keep it that way. That's why it's parked indoor for the winter :-)

• Ralf__
      Ralf__ commented
      Editing a comment
      I have waited for this argument. But i was not sure, if you are using salt in Norway. No question, we do also and that is why my Midget has to stay inside in winter, even when it is good weather. Of course, he also is not allowed to see rain in summer. I have fear, he will shrink even more...

• Sterkoder
      Sterkoder commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the salt arguement is a good one, specially since my Volvo is the very first one, THE number 1, off the production line for the Royal Norwegian Armed Forces.
      Feel a strong responsibility to take good care of it then, since it is kind of Norwegian military history
Working...
X