Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

In desperate need for new travel tips for Norway?

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/07/06/t...uten/17198236/
    With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
    Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Originally posted by pakarang View Post
      In desperate need for new travel tips for Norway?

http://www.dagbladet.no/2011/07/06/t...uten/17198236/
      Or from the Kortreis magazine:

http://www.kortreist.no/
      With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
      Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

Borkenes / Kvæfjord

Comment

Looks very light, open and beautiful in Kvæfjord...., and they are the birthplace of one of the worlds best cakes; Kvæfjordkake, or as some call it; Verdens Beste.
          "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

My Canon days will soon be over... some of the pictures that turned out okay from Andøya today

Bleik and Bleiksøya

Andenes

Comment

Nice stuff Kristian. I love the composition in 50:2 and 50:3.

Comment

Made a visit to Inderøy between Verdal and Steinkjer today, and that resulted in a few pictures of Sakshaug church.
                A sign above the main door say 1869, while the flag in the spear say 1870.

First, a field just outside the chuch stone fence

The church viewed from south

The east side

Comment

Not far from the church, is the Muustrø Park, with small sculptures made by Nils Aas and places to sit down for social activities (picknick, bar-b-q and so on).

Sculpture 'Flyndre' (Flounder) by Nils Aas

Muus bridge from 1816

"Ringstu", the oldest building of the place, built in 1899.

Comment

"Arbeidskvinne" (Working woman) by Nils Aas

This guy, "Ivar", brought a smile to my face. He's just 25 cm. high

"Fiskeren" (Fishing man), only 20 cm. long

"Ekorn" (Squirrel), a 20 cm. sculpture

"Lesende" (The reading one), only 18 cm. high

Comment

A larger wooden sculpture, about three meters long, the "Elg" (Moose)

"Stavhopperen" (Pole jumper), a gift from Aker Verdal in 2003. This is on top of a 7-8 meters high pole

Where to go in Straumen, Inderøy

Straumen bridge, Inderøy

That seagull looks like the boss...

Comment

Finally, a field in Verdal. I missed a bit on the green colour of that tree, both when taking the picture and in edit, so here is a b/w version...

Comment

Whilst indoors and taking refuge from yet more rain/cold/poor visibility here, I’m so enjoying a couple of “days out” with you folk on this thread….

Oh Kristian…you certainly know how to grab my attention with lots of rocks!!!! (#50/1). Then I could just imagine how nice it was walking along that grassy beach …great motif, that old fence. I couldn’t quite decide what its original purpose might have been. To prevent people walking by the sea getting into the fields?….to prevent animals getting from the field onto the beach?…marking extent of some private land?
                          Great lighthouse photos too.

Comment

Next a day out with Sterkoder, and just look at those weather/sky motifs! – the 1870 weather vane, the delicate hues of the stone work around that church window reflecting sky and clouds.
                            Indeed there are some fine church photos generally, reminding me of a project you one dreamed of, Svein. #52/6 is ideal, the clouds complementing the colours of the building and the surrounding trees too, adding a lot to the image and not obscuring the view as they will later in the summer.

I love visiting places like this sculpture park, and you even provided a map so I can imagine me actually wandering around there, probably being a bit annoying as I’d be totally torn between finding and photographing every single sculpture, or struggling for ages trying to make a really perfect picture of the first one that specially appealed to me.

Then I imagine what if our Captain was there with us too…what would be the correct SpeedSightseeing (©pakarang…) response to a place like this?

Well, in the Sterkoder version, I am seeing typically fresh colours in #53/2, and thinking in the next photos that it must have been difficult to choose a view showing the relationship of that sculpture to the bridges and stones.
                            And then I’m totally halted in my tracks, looking at the perfect-in-every-way image of the face of the working woman….then charmed by “Ivar” –from every angle!

Oh it’s suddenly as if Asimut is here too!!!!! A Squirrel Sculpture!!!!!

The moose makes me smile…I’d probably get all giggly and want to photograph Sea-Troll and Lookchin Bear perched on the concrete block, dangling their legs… This silly thought has me scrolling back to “the reading one”..and now, rather than seeing her absorbed in her reading, I see a little weary exasperation as troll and bear demand she reads them “just one more story”….

Isn’t the Pole jumper special…there is always something special when the figurative and abstract come together, and such can be especially satisfying subjects to photograph. You must be so pleased with your #55/3, Svein.

Where next – great signpost…Oh, looks like I’m organising this excursion!!!!! .

So I mustn’t forget to mention a very Sterkoder motif of lines in fields that start and end this delightful day out.

Comment

Thank you so much for those nice words, Cecilia!!
                              I certainly had a great time at Inderøy and in Straumen yesterday, and what also made the day so special was that this was a 'father/daughter' time out and we talked a lot about photography, sculpturing, Nils Aas and such. Culture is so much more that football and sport, you know....

We're visiting family in Verdal, and as one of the girls in that family actually has her birthday today, I'm sitting here, 40 minutes away from Trondheim Airport-Værnes, knowing that Pullmantours arrives with nothing less than three Boeing 747s today.
                              My brain is working overtime to build a story (an excuse) to let me go to Værnes....

(Pullmantours is changing passengers on board "Empress" today, and that means 1.800 spanish passengers off the ship and 1.800 on board.
                              The turn around will be made by those three B-747s and an Airbus 321 from Iberia. Trondheimlufthavn.net has the story). And here we go OT again...

Comment

Originally posted by Sterkoder View Post
                                ....My brain is working overtime to build a story (an excuse) to let me go to Værnes....
                                Easy….it will sound as if you’re being super-considerate by letting the womenfolk enjoy their quality time without a MAN getting in the way!!!!!! (….not that I ever really grasped these girlie concepts myself, but then that’s just me! .)
                                Anyway if you are let loose, also look out for big Tom aka McNikon. I heard he's in town!

Comment

Working...
                                X