Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This is Norway - all places without their own thread.

This was of course an Eldorado for our dog, Camilla

And our daughter Vilde had to walk out in the sea to feel what temperature there was. Not high enough for bathing, she said

As we started to go outward to the lighthouse, the one great photo motif after the other showed itself

Last edited by Sterkoder; July 31st, 2011, 18:00.
    "IF GOD COULD MAKE ANGELS...., WHY IN HELL MAKE MAN?"

Comment

A man made old drain ditch

Mid way out to the lighthouse, is a grave from what the experts belives is from the bronze age 3000-3500 years ago.

Farstadstrand seen from that grave point

Mountain Stemshesten with the NATO antennas on top

Comment

Then, we could almost not deside which way. We took the left way, and recommended to walkers after us; take the right way here!
        (Right: paved and nice to walk. Left: a muddy path)

But of course, the left way gave some great photo opportunities though

Comment

On the way back from the lighthouse

The old grave again

The coastal scenery is so great and it is good to be in it. It's so spaceous...

Comment

Mountain Stemshesten with those masts

Comment

Ok Camilla, it's time to go...., even if you wouldn't....

NOTE:
              It's not allowed to take dogs into the Farstadstrand area without leash!!!
              (I've taken it away in my photo-editing programme)

Comment

Absolutely wonderful photos from a spectacular area...

I have passed these places many times, but always in a hurry to be on my way. Next time, I might need to move a little slower I think.

If I had a new job in the nearby Kristiansund, I think this would be one of my first places to live next time.
                With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

I love these, Svein!! Inspiration to go look around outside!
                  How old is Camilla--what a sweet puppy!! Look at those paws!!!
                  Thanks for the Monday morning smiles!!!!

Comment

I love especially your #30/1 with the horizon with the islands where it is in the frame and the parallel cloud layers and then the beautiful sculptural shape of the rock at the side, and the texture of the sand, with its division into two shades of wetter and drier sand. Perfect! Well I like the other views too, but I keep going back to that one.

Amazing that Camilla stayed still enough to be photographed!!!!!!

Oh, like the footprints and other shapes on the sand which makes a minimalist abstract composition.
                    You are a master of these kind of rocky shores and beaches.

The colours in the Stemshesten images are so beautiful, and then I laughed at the signposts for the lighthouse!

So many wonders!…in #34 I liked the second one of the turf-roofed hut which seems to lean over in the opposite way to the profile of the mountain! And in #35/2 there is also an echo of the shape of the foreground rock motif with the mountain. Wet green grass has also been a successful subject for pakarang recently in his daily photos.

Clever, removing Camilla’s leash !

Comment

You know, such comments inspire me!

It's not the need of comments no matter what that drives me, but I must admit that I enjoy reading well thought through comments to my pictures.
                      Makes me understand what others see and how I take my pictures. Interesting!

I really like scenery as this. And as you might remember from the low tide images from 'Walking Bjerkestrand' I really prefer low tide before high tide when it comes to photography.
                      Low tide are more giving, and many more interesting shapes and motifs appear.
                      I've also learned a bit more about aperture and shutter settings, so in the future (when time to adjust permits) I promise to try and give you all some kind of texture to the sky when overcast...

Elisabeth:
                      Glad I gave you a good Monday
                      As for the age of Camilla, come Saturday 6th August, she will celebrate her 4 month birthday

Comment

If you read the Random trucks, cars, trains-thread first, you already know I've been on a roundtrip to Oppdal today, uploading images to different threads.
                        As we stopped at Øksendalsøra, I walked over to the church while my better half and my daughter looked after and fed our dog.
                        So, here's Øksendal church from 1894.

There was also a huge amount of seagulls present

And the stone fence around the church was covered with decorative moss

In Øksendal they also had their stone monument. Sadly I don't know the story behind this...

Comment

Went to Nordheim and Solskjærsøya Friday. Here's a picture taken from our friends boat on our way back from the island to Nordheim.

And Nordheim is a beautiful place, in all weathers, but specially in sunny, warm and calm summer weather

Comment

APA

Awesome picture alert!

Check out some of the photos on this website (PS: they are also on FB with some spectacular shots too).

http://www.soela.no/
                            With best regards from Jan-Olav Storli

Administrator and Owner of CaptainsVoyage.
                            Main page: http://www.captainsvoyage.com

Surround yourself with positive, ethical people who are committed to excellence.

Comment

woah!!! Love the new APA alert!!

Comment

Finnsnes

Comment

Working...
                                X